Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A good development?

Options
  • 12-02-2006 4:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭

http://breakingnews.iol.ie/news/story.asp?j=26127153&p=z6yz7z6x&n=26127360

I was surprised when I heard that part of any developement of this land like St Itas must have "community-based facilities for mentally ill-patients in the new housing developments.

These would include sheltered housing or community care centres for around 1,000 patients being relocated from the older institutions."

insuring something half decent will come from the sale not just cash, of course hearing about developers paying money in lue of building required affordable housing or other amenities I hope this promise actually materialises will it?

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,765 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

The government will make a tidy sum from selling this land but will spend more on replacing it in a few years time.

Advertisement