Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using java with bluetooth

Options
  • 12-02-2006 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭

does anybody know the easiest way to go about using bluetooth with java?
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Went looking for this before. While I could find loads of documentation the API to access Bluetooth you had to pay a lot of money for. Do a search on this forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 TabulaRasa

This company http://www.rococosoft.ie/java.html do an implementation of JABWT/JSR 82 Bluetooth API on Java (for MIDP devices) and a kit for emulating a network of JABWT/JSR 82 devices. They are an Irish company and are very approachable for training and/or educational licenses. The reason I know this is cos I worked for them for while. :)

T

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

ok so i found some bluetooth packages, but i cant seem to work them... bah unfortunately i cant use above solution coz its for my final year project... any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Uh, which packages?

What is your project?
    Why not try rococosoft for an educational license (College might pay?)

• Registered Users Posts: 33 TabulaRasa

Here is a direct quote from a page on the Rococo's site :

Impronto™ Developer Kit for Linux for Non Commercial Use is available FREE for university and hobbyist programmers (non-commercial use).

So unless you don't want to use Linux, or you have decided already on another toolset, this is a good deal! Either way it's up to you.

T

• Advertisement
Advertisement