Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roller Garage Doors

Options
  • 12-02-2006 5:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 42

Evening all,

I'm in the market for a roller door for the garage. Maybe two to three feet wider than average, no electric motors, just the simple manual opening system.

I would welcome any advice on these, where you bought, who installed, quality of work and price guidlines.
    I am in Cork (well someone has to) but I believe most of these companies fit throughout the country.

Also, do you have any info on grounds requirements for the roller brackets; as the garage is of cavity block I expect to have to put solid blocks near the door lintel to take expansion bolts etc. Is this right?

Thanks, R.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭rooferPete

Hi Rusty,

It's been a while since I bought the last door, I think I gave the job to a company called Doherty, there was very little difference between each company at the time.

I think the door cost around 700.00, it was a replacement and they removed the old doors and frame included in the price.

The heaviest part is at the top where the door rolls up, I think (not sure) that the two courses of solids on flat over the lintel is enough for them to bolt in to.

Advertisement