Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IBB Dublin City down for past 24 hours?

• 12-02-2006 6:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭

Hello,

At roughly 4 pm yesterday my IBB connection died. It's still offline. I've tried rebooting PC, wireless modem etc etc. Still down.

Is IBB having problems, specific to Dublin City Centre, at the moment?

Any feedback appreciated.

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 288 ✭✭gordonnet

how about in cork, on the churchfield highsite 'we have serious problems' and 'we have engineers on site' this to me translates as the high site is over subscribed and that their engineers are unable to fix the problem. also i suspect that this problem will fix itself when people who are fed up with all the problems cancel their contracts.:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 487 ✭✭cormac_byrne

yes, there regularly are problems on the Guinness hi-site. my connection is barely crawling along.

I suggest a prayer to St. Jude. You never know it might work!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

I suggest a prayer to St. Jude. You never know it might work!

What? Is that the patron saint of adequate backhaul?

MrP

St. Jude is the patron saint of Desperate Cases & Hopeless Causes, I imagine he knows a lot about IBB :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

Seems to be fixed now. WOO!

• Advertisement

Wow upload improved 13x (still below dialup though) but thanks Jude for trying :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭carbsy

IBB in Cork's been down for the last 24 months hehe - delighted to have left them.Even though I've emailed my termination notice and followed this up with a letter then following day, I have this sneaky feeling that they'll try and debit money from my account again this month.God this company makes my blood boil!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

carbsy wrote:
    IBB in Cork's been down for the last 24 months hehe - delighted to have left them.Even though I've emailed my termination notice and followed this up with a letter then following day, I have this sneaky feeling that they'll try and debit money from my account again this month.God this company makes my blood boil!

If only guns were legal in Ireland, and you were a psycho, we could have some fun...

LOL, only joking of course.

But the truth is, they know they can get away with it so they don't give a bollox.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭carbsy

Yeah... The direct debit is cancelled now so I'll be expecting a call from them at the end of the month.It's amazing the lengths you have to go to get them to ring back. ;)

Advertisement