Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Calls from mobiles may not be free?

• 12-02-2006 6:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭

So I'm just looking at the Ulster Bank website (http://www.ulsterbank.ie/ulster/ri/Personal_Banking/Credit_Cards/MasterCard_&_Visa_Card/default.htm) and information about credit card applications.

It states:
    For more information and an application form simply call 1800 946 932. Lines are open 7 days a week from 8am to 8pm. Calls may be recorded and calls from mobile phones may not be free.

How can an 1800 not be free from a mobile?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

You can set it like that. Calls to 1800 are paid for by the call receiver so they might not want to foot the cost of calls from mobiles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

The mobile phone operator rates 1800 as a free number .. so presumably the company would have to route you to another number then and let you know you'd be charged, when making the call ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Nope, some operators can charge you for calling 1800 numbers. I know a few in the UK who do.

I know some companies who give a standard eircom recorded message rather than connecting you if you dial their 1800 number from a mobile. But I didn't know it was possible to charge for a 1800 number.

Advertisement