Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Golden Coke Bottle - love it / hate it?

• 12-02-2006 7:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,942 ✭✭✭✭

Saw it in a vending machine last week and caught my eye so i bought it.. reading the label mentions "Celebrating 120 Years Of Coke" so i really say it's only temporary.

Possibly only until the end of the "1 Million Free Bottles to be Won" promotion on the wrapper.

But bit of a radical change for Coke.. not a hint of the instantly recognisable dark brown liquid anywhere on the bottle from an onlooker.

Do we like the change?... vote now!

Discussion welcome!

EDIT: here's a photo for those who haven't seen it!

How do you feel about the new Coke Bottle? 18 votes

Love it! Sing with me... "I've got a GOLDEN BOTTLE!"
    0% 0 votes
    Meh! Coke is coke. Don't care about fancy packaging!
    11% 2 votes
    Hate it! Dressed it up like a big GOLDEN TURD!
    22% 4 votes
    Atari "GOLDEN COKE BOTTLE" Jaguar
    66% 12 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

I hate it!

Here's why.

Our vending machine in work ensures that your bottle of coke will fall from a great height. The bottle makes it impossible to see what stage of fizziness your coke is at, and whether its safe to open the bottle at your desk.

It also makes it impossible to tell if a big spider has somehow fallen into the coke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭memphis

Its only a temporary promotional thing folks.

And as a former employee of Coca-Cola I will honestly say that I wouldn't like it either. I mean Coke is always associated as a see through bottle with a red and white label... in fact that is the universal label used.

A gold plastic bottle is just plan wrong, and I see where the OP is coming from..... But like I say it is onlt temporary until the promotion is over!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

I haven't seen these but they had similar silver ones for diet coke a couple of years ago and I hated them.

Something about it, you never get that mouthwatering condensation dripping down look from it, it just looks like there could be anything inside the bottle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

memphis wrote:
    A gold plastic bottle is just plan wrong

More "bling" factor when walkin da streets homie...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

man, i didnt read the label right and assumed it was caffeine free so i planne on pickin some up tomoz. ahhh poop

• Advertisement

Idont mind the colour although the cans kick the bottles ass!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

Idont mind the colour although the cans kick the bottles ass!

Damn straight!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

best container is the glass bottle really

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

steviec wrote:
    I haven't seen these but they had similar silver ones for diet coke a couple of years ago and I hated them.

They have brought them out for the Diet Coke bottles again too. Gold for the normal ones, silver for the Diet ones... a message there perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,425 ✭✭✭weemcd

looks knackery as hell. cans ftw

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭memphis

Its only a promotional thing folks, like I already said.

Something to do with 1 million free bottles to be won!!

Advertisement