Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

question on DJ equipment

Options
  • 12-02-2006 7:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭

any DJ's about that could answer a quick question on what equipment I need to buy. I will be running an underage disco for 6 weeks during the summer. I need to get lights and music stuff and I have no idea what type of stuff I need.Any that can help?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Seems quite an investment for 6 weeks. A lot of shops hire the equipment out. Check golden pages for your area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭Dalas

smashey wrote:
    Seems quite an investment for 6 weeks. A lot of shops hire the equipment out. Check golden pages for your area.
    well ill be using it evey year so I wanted to get some good equipment that will last...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭franksm

Dalas wrote:
    well ill be using it evey year so I wanted to get some good equipment that will last...

Think you'd be better off leasing - it's what most people in business do anyway - you can write it off against your tax as a business expense. You can't do that if you purchase the equipment outright. If you're not going the whole hog taxwise ignore what I said. In fact, I didn't see anything. A wink is as good as a nudge to a blind bat ;)

If you're buying outright, you have to think about storage, insurance maybe, and so on.

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭sturgo

check these blokes out. http://www.sessionhire.com/

i've bought & leased equipment from them in the past. overall a good bunch of people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭Dalas

cheers lads, might try and convince the higher power that you guys are right.
    Thanks again

• Advertisement
Advertisement