Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

a question about printing

Options
  • 12-02-2006 7:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭

when i give an image into a company like say Snap as an .ai illustrator file and order several prints in different sizes - a4, a3,a2,a1 what program do they use to resize and print it off does anyone know ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

They probably, more than likely use the printers resizing settings. It's the easiers to be honest. why may i ask?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭DadaKopf

If it's just vector graphics, resizing isn't a problem. They'd probably output it as a PDF and the printer's software and other programmes like Adobe PostScript would handle it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭shuushh

just curious as to how its done cheers for the replies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭hot chick

would save it as an eps
    then output it to a plater using quark!

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭krissrodriguez

Most of the printing companies are using ArtPro a powerfull program, in that program import the .eps file and then ouput that to a image setter or in digital printing process to the digital rip and eventually to the digital press.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭hot chick

Never heard of anyone using ArtPro.
    All decent companies use Quark, some use InDesign. you get some using illustrator to output, but they're always a bit mickey mouse so steer well clear!

belive me I'm working in a printing company, we are using Artpro, and most of the printing companies, repro companies are using Artpro, the good thing about is that U can ask me for a illustrator file and I can supply that to U straight from Artpro ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭shuushh

cool

so in Artpro does that give you the option to set size to a3 or a1 etc.

yeah does that is well.. :) the only problem is the program costs about 20000 euros, and comes only in Mac version, and... you need an official dongle is well, so don't be upset if you don't find that so easy http://www.artwork-systems.com/products/artpro/index.php

Advertisement