Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Job going for control engineer with Williams F1

• 12-02-2006 8:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 365 ✭✭

One of the friends brought this job to my attention Nice job for an engineer interested in motorsport:-

GRADUATE CONTROL ENGINEER
    1 YEAR FIXED-TERM CONTRACT

Working in the Electronics R&D Department, you will develop and maintain software written in Simulink and C for real time test equipment. You will also assist in the development of models for the analysis of various control systems used on the car, including traction control. You will be a recent engineering graduate with detailed knowledge of Math works tools. Ideally, you will have an understanding of electrical interfacing requirements and a basic understanding of how hydraulic and mechanical systems work.

This is a one year fixed-term contract for a graduate who can offer hard work, commitment and flexibility to support the existing team to achieve their objectives within tight deadlines. We will provide you with a thorough grounding for a career as a Control Engineer in a Formula 1 environment.

Please send your CV and current salary details to hr@williamsf1.com

http://www.autosport.com/directory/appointments.html

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭david powell

Hi

Sounds like an excellent opportunity!!!

A few things to look at, that you probably won’t have covered at college, that would be helpful for an interview:-

CAN & LIN Bus systems ( from physical layer to higher level protocols )

MISRA C Guide lines for automotive C programming

Anything to do with embedded systems, it looks like they do their modelling in Simulink and the actual system is running C, which makes sense.

Anything to do with interfacing of systems RS232/RS485/RS422

I’m sure there’s a large amount of data acquisition evolved, so have good ideas about how to measure different parameters, temperature, speed, revs, stress / strain, angles ect…

I’d say if your interested in control systems, modelling of control system on a PC, programming embedded systems ect, it would be an excellent opportunity. I’d imagine they would have a fair few people writing the complete application s/w so I’d say the position might be geared more towards control systems end, but still an excellent opportunity. I was on a course in the UK last year and there was guys from the McLaren team on the same course.

Hope this helps

Advertisement