Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL broadband & wireless HELP !!

• 12-02-2006 9:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭

Just after getting in my broadband with the idea of setting up a wireless network at home. Went to a tech shop to buy a wireless router and got a netgear DG834GT/GTB, have spent last 48 hours tearing out my hair with, as i cant get it to pick up a connection through the NTL cable modem. Just found out that this model only supports is for use with a telephone line only, despite what the gut said in the shop. Has any body had the same problems, and what is a good wireless router to interface with NTL. :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭okcomputer

gerryjuice wrote:
    Just after getting in my broadband with the idea of setting up a wireless network at home. Went to a tech shop to buy a wireless router and got a netgear DG834GT/GTB, have spent last 48 hours tearing out my hair with, as i cant get it to pick up a connection through the NTL cable modem. Just found out that this model only supports is for use with a telephone line only, despite what the gut said in the shop. Has any body had the same problems, and what is a good wireless router to interface with NTL. :confused:

this one works flawlessly for me with NTL, linksys WRT54G . make sure you update the firmware though or you will suffer slow download speeds

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?sku=306148&cks=SER

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

gerryjuice wrote:
    What they sold you is an ADSL wireless modem router which plugs into your phone line if you have an ADSL connection like Eircom, BT, UTV etc.. What they should have sold you is something like NTL gave me when I got BB from them a couple of weeks back - a Netgear WGR614. Looks exactly the same but has an Ethernet port in where yours has a phone connection in.

Bring it back and get it changed.

Advertisement