Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Am I screwed?

• 12-02-2006 10:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 896 ✭✭✭

Hope this is the right forum ( apologies to mods if not )

I have my driving test tommorow, ive done my lessons, pre test etc etc, and just now was getting my documents ready, and have seen my license is out of date 26 days!!!! im shocked and stunned, i was sure it was not up until march! I kno0w this was an incredibly stupid thing to do, but i dont know weaither i should call the test centre and cancel, or go and explain in person.
    Anyone have any advice? I would be gratefull

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

You can get it renewed tomorrow morning before the test.

I had to do that.

And get the car taxed too, :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

Forget about explaining in person. Either get oe tomorrow if possible or cancel the test and wait for another opportunity, at least keeping your fee!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

You should be ok as long as your test isnt first thing in the morning. Go to a police station now and get the prov form. Fill it out. Get two photos and sign them. Go to your local taxation office first thing tomorrow morning and bring with you the documentation and your test date letter. Dont forget your money too. The person will give you a receipt for your licence and that is valid for driving and doing the test.

Best of luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

Winters wrote:
    The person will give you a receipt for your licence and that is valid for driving and doing the test.
    NO! The 'Final Checks' letter you get clearly tells you that "Receipts are NOT sufficient".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

murphaph wrote:
    NO! The 'Final Checks' letter you get clearly tells you that "Receipts are NOT sufficient".

Receipts are legal for driving with but NOT for taking the test. Simple reason; there is no photo, anybody could take the test with the receipt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 961 ✭✭✭aliveandkicking

If he brings his test letter with him they will issue the actual licence there and then (within about five minutes). So get down to the motor tax office first thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 896 ✭✭✭Subliminal

the test is at 10am, the tax office opens at 9:30, i wouldnt have the time.
    Im really pee'd off that i am going to end up having to re book a test etc, now i have to get a failure cert, before i can reapply for license. God, its amazing, i always have current tax and insurance, paid for test, and over 100 euro on pretest, now its all gone down the toilet. Youd think they wouldnt mind, it is only 26 days, and its never happened me before.

Ah well, another 6 months wait for a test.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

murphaph wrote:

Sugar, sorry about that. I know it was valid for thats only for driving yeah?

Advertisement