Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rock School

• 13-02-2006 12:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭

Watched the complete 7 episode DVD with Gene Simmons on a quest to turn accomplished classically trained youngsters into rock gods. Quite liked it although Simmons is a real asshole sometimes.

Wonder what your opinions are?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Jim_Are_Great

Love it. Such a silly show, but the only reality TV I tolerate. I love the fact that their soundtrack is just the typical rock playlist. Thirty seconds into any given episode and I guarantee they'll have played Smoke On The Water, Paranoid and Ace Of Spades. At least.

New series is shaping up well too. I don't enjoy it as much. The kids are too happy with their identity as malcontents. But great telly regardless.

"My name's Gene Simmons, and I wear more make up and high heels than your mommy..." - Gene Simmons. Ledge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Just watched an episode of the new series tonight. They're complete frickin drama queens though, the drummer keeps having hissy fits and walking out, rather amusing but tbh, they suck...:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

Gene is a legend. That maths teacher guy really hates him... it's pretty funny to watch. The soundtracks pretty good as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

It's so "Louis Walsh" though, Gene is just trying to turn the band into some horrible hybrid combination of a few successful bands, he's not letting them develop as themselves.
    It's very funny though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Black hole sun

I recall looking at the soundtrack for the first series and seeing epic as one of the tracks. I suppose the vocalist must have really mauled it, almost worth buying for comic value.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Its a good show,it really makes me cringe and is absolutely rediculouse.

Advertisement