Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grid Computing: Where to get info?

Options
  • 13-02-2006 12:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭

Been pondering final year projects etc.

Anyways... just started looking into perhaps doing a grid computing application. Would appreciate any advice / info from anyone.

Would I be correct in assumeing I'd use JIRA if I went with Java? Can anyone reccomend anything if I were to go with .Net (Or mix & match with both). Would also consider andy c / c++ info :)

Now my real issue really is what to use the potential grid for. I was thinking of using it for Global (Or at least regional ;) )RFID monitoring or use it for good ol compute.

The compute idea doesn't go very far in my mind as I don't know what to comput (That isn't already being computed). All I can really think of is complex financial calculations (As I work in a bank!)

Does anyone know any agencies / sources where I could get vast amounts of information to run calculations on?

Anyways its mainly rambling that I've put out there but would be greatful for any insight / advice from anyone.

Comments

Advertisement