Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

6630 wont recognize sim

• 13-02-2006 12:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭

Hi my 6630 lost signal today so I turned it and turned it back on but when it came back on it was in offline mode and not recognising my sim.

I have tried to put a friends sim in and thats not recognised either and I have also tried hard and soft resets and still nothing is working

Any ideas??Surely you shouldnt need to upgrade the firmware for it to keep recognising ur sim??

The phone as it is now comes on in offline mode and when I try to switch profile to lets say General it says please insert sim.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

where did you buy it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭bazcaz

vodafone store why?

bring it back to them and demand a replacement.

mobile retail stores are running scared at the mo because of that 'know your consumer rights campaign' thats running at the mo.

i have the same phone, and while i havent had a problem, if i had, and i had tried the things you said you had done, id be straight down to a vodafone shop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

bring it back to them and demand a replacement.

mobile retail stores are running scared at the mo because of that 'know your consumer rights campaign' thats running at the mo.

i have the same phone, and while i havent had a problem, if i had, and i had tried the things you said you had done, id be straight down to a vodafone shop

A replacement? I doubt it...
    And running scared? Hhmmm...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭deadduck

why would he not get a replacement?

• Advertisement

he would get a replacement.

as the woman says its the law.

if they dont give you a replacement there is a number you can ring on the spot and some person in a call centre will back you up.

oh wait, your phone is broken.....

.....never mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭bazcaz

so no one has had a similar problem and solved it some way apart from returning the phone I guess??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

If the goods have been used for some time, or if there is undue delay in making the complaint, or if there is reason to believe that the goods have been accepted, the consumer's entitlement, at best, may be to a repair or to a partial refund.

taken from: http://www.odca.ie/cfmdocs/c_query/goods_docs3.cfm

So no mention of refund there I'm afraid!
    As you can see, they don't define what 'some time' is, but it's generally 28 days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Thephantomsmask

I had that happen to me and I'm pretty certain it was from a virus or corrupted file. Vodafone gave me a new phone and when l inserted the memory card from the old phone with all of my data, the same thing happened the next day. They gave me another new phone and it happened again. On the third new phone l formatted the memory card and it was fine. 6630's are under warranty for 1 year AFAIK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Phone shops will, for the most part, replace phones once it is within 28 days. After that, it's generally sent away for repairs.

As for running scared, and to echo another poster, hmmmmm.

• Advertisement

as it happens, my phone has since started acting up regarding sound and the fact i cant actually hear people when they call me.

im going to bring it back over the weekend and demand a repair or something.

at the moment i have a 200 euro block of plastic

Advertisement