Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

which isp 4 latency?

• 13-02-2006 1:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭

im lookin for an isp that is best for latency(pings)i use bb for ps2 online which means i need good pings,bearing in mind ntl isnt available,have had eircom which had bad latency,bt's modem/router isnt compatible with my pc,after all of that which isp's are worth considering(i have metro atm which is far too unstable)i live in dublin 8 btw
    any help/advice would be much appreciated
    thx

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

why would BT's modem / router be incompatible with your pc?

I had eircom DSL and had great pings all the time. I have ntl the last week and a half and am getting constant latency problems.... Although ive mainly heard its good and im unlucky....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

I'd have to say that eircom get the lowest lowest latency and are the most reliable from what I've seen. Except for the last couple of weeks when they haven't been so great.

I wouldn't say NTL are the best for latency anyway, my ping is always quite bouncy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

I have Metro and my pings are far better than when I was with BT.

Its also very low packet loss. Unless a connection on the mountain screws up again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

I wouldn't say NTL are the best for latency anyway, my ping is always quite bouncy.

Demon I posted about this recently. How do you mean bouncy. Do you mean it constantly changes from say 20 - 120 or even 150 ms.

If so I have the same issue on NTL. Makes battlefield 2 a nightmare.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

I use a 3rd party wireless router with BT and get 5 ping to the BAF counterstrike source server

• Advertisement
Advertisement