Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Where to get Free Sim Cards (if possible)?

• 13-02-2006 2:05am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭

Hello There,

I recently got a "Free" Meteor sim card from a phone shop on Aungier St. Well, it said "free sim pack" on the outside but they charged me €10 for it.

Does anyone know if these free sim packs are available anywhere else? Perhaps they were just an offer that ended and the seller grabbed a whole bunch of them.

Any advice on where to get a free sim card (if its possible) would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭bounty_hunter

They call it a "free sim pack" because it comes with €10 credit. Ergo, you pay for the credit but get the sim card free. There's no special deal, it's just a marketing ploy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

the next time you go to buy credit, ask for a sim pack and voila. with meteor the credit is just printed out in store and can be used on any sim, unlike o2 where the credit is already on the card

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭blobert

Thanks guys, so what you are saying is its not possible to get a free sim without buying credit?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭bounty_hunter

That's right. Why would anyone just give them away for nothing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭cupthehand

It happens all the time in UK especially with O2 and Virgin.They do it every few weeks.You can apply online for a 100% totally free sim (sometimes they'll let you have as many as 4).You'll get a sim card and joining pack but no credit. Orange do it sometimes too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭hobie

They call it a "free sim pack" because it comes with €10 credit. Ergo, you pay for the credit but get the sim card free. There's no special deal, it's just a marketing ploy.

Do you rem me saying a month or two b/4 Christmas that I moved to a Moto 3G phone from an old Noki ..... the old sim had to be replaced so transferred my old no to the new phone/new sim card(free card) and scrapped the old sim .......

now I had an old Noki 3310 with no sim .... I purchased a new sim for a tenner inc 10.00 credit and decided to keep it for emergencies :eek: ..... the shoppee guy said after registering it that the system said I would get a total of 80.00 euros credit over 8 months :confused: ..... he couldn't figure that one and non of the peeps on "BOARDS.ie" believed it either :rolleyes: ......

Don't know what went awal when the guy was registering the sim but the Noki is currently holding 40.00 euros credit and still rising every month ...:p

Don't you just love computers .... :D

Advertisement