Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stardust inquiry

Options
  • 13-02-2006 5:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭

Given the Stardust tragidy 25 years ago today, what is commonly known to be the shambles of an inquiry that followed it, the governments reluctance to reinvestigate, and the publicity surrounding the anniversary, Should a new inquiry be set up, or have the circumstances that led to the failures of the initial inquiry changed? Do you think the inquiry would have been more carefully conducted if the tragidy had occurred in a middle class area like Clontarff as opposed to working class Artane?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

i'd be more interested in seeing some of the original inquiries recommendations put into place and improved upon.

I dont know what a new inquiry would do, and if the results of the inquiry were not to the victims families expectations would it be of any benefit opeining old wounds.

Artane isnt really a working class area BTW, nor was it in 1981

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭w66w66

It’s seems an RTE prime time investigating this Tuesday is going to present fire experts who dispute the probably arson claim made by the tribunal of inquiry.
    If the documentary does produce new evidence then I would certainly support a new inquiry.

Advertisement