Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

98 VW Polo - Power assisted steering ?

Options
  • 13-02-2006 10:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭

Was wondering if someone could confirm that the base class '98 VW Polo 1.0l comes with power assisted steering or not ...
    Ive read conflicting stories online that VW only introduced power assisted steering for the CL model of '98 VW Polo's ...

The reason Im asking is that the oh-so-generic maintenance manual I got when purchasing my 'power assisted steering' '98 polo references the power assisted steering well under the hood but I havent been able to locate it.

Just wanted to double check before I answer a potential driving test question in the near future ...

Thanks for any help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

im pretty sure the 1l engine didnt come with it. 1.2 and above did.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭whippet

the base level 1,0L didn't , but you should be able to tell by how stiff the steering wheel is !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭interested

whippet wrote:
    the base level 1,0L didn't , but you should be able to tell by how stiff the steering wheel is !

Thanks for both previous responses.
    Ive driven a car with power steering - and yes - the steering wheel is considerably more taxing to move when parking etc. as youd expect. I guess the mention in the generic manual released with the car identifies a power assisted steering fluid well, so I was expecting to find one but thats what I get for reading the manual I guess.

Advertisement