Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Broadband Question

• 13-02-2006 10:40am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,876 ✭✭✭✭

Morning all,

The office here has an eircom ("Home Starter" I think they call it - hey, it was like that before I got here :p ) BB connection running through a Zyxel Prestige 662 Router. This router is configured with a Static IP but having talked to eircom support last week about a different issue, they say that each account/phone number is assigned an IP regardless of whether it's explicitly specified??

Anyway, my question is whether these IP's are accessable from the internet as I want to set it up so users can access their email externally. I've setup the router to respond to pings and opened the necessary ports for the email server, but still can't get to it from an external source.

Any ideas? Cheers!

Advertisement