Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UK Open South West Regional

Options
  • 13-02-2006 11:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭

Mark Dudbridge came back to form, beating the resurgent Dennis Priestley in the final. Ronnie Baxter and Adrian Lewis were the beaten semi-finalists. Priestley beat Taylor 5 legs to 4 in the last 32.

In an earlier round Irishman Keith Rooney had a dart to beat Dudbridge, but missed. Rooney had earlier knocked out Tony Eccles, a top BDO player who decided to have a go in the "open" event.

Tom Kirby had a good run, beating Jan van der Rassel and Gary Welding to make it to the last 16, where he lost out to James Wade.

http://www.planetdarts.tv/page/UKOpenDetail/0,,10180~782065,00.html

As an aside, it seems there is some unrest among many PDC players and they are looking for an extraordinary general meeting to air their views. This requires the signatures of 10% (i.e. about 30) of all registered PDC players, and there was a form going round at the weekend seeking signatories, and the 10% was achieived. Not sure what the grievances are, but its mainly players outside the elite who are complaining I believe.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,275 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Priestly really seems to be having a good year so far. Im delighted for him because he is one of my favourite players. Good to see the Irsh lads doing well especially young Rooney. He has the potential to be a pretty decent player.

I wonder what the EGM is about? Ill be sure to keep an eye out for any further news.

Advertisement