Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Investing Money

Options
  • 13-02-2006 11:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭

What's the best and more safe way to invest money with the least risk but huge rewards......what would you invest with 100000k?.....and what methods of Investing are therre, considering I don't know much about Investments.:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭dunkamania

What's the best and more safe way to invest money with the least risk but huge rewards

If you want huge rewards,you have to be prepared to accept huge risk,there is no way around it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭blahblah1234

Ok.....where would you get huge rewards then.....stockmarket.....property...etc...eg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 TripleB

Something tells me you're messing, however if in case you're not check this link out:

http://www.askaboutmoney.com/guide/index.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

There's a concept called the risk-reward ratio. You'd be best off to understand it.

That kind of money I'd spread across several investment vehicals, ranging from low to high risk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Greenhorse

Hey there,

Lots of ways to invest $100,000 as everyone has said so far it depends on what kind of person you are.

An econmic mag I read last year did a story on a guy who inherited 60,000 irish pounds in 1999. He went to the bank used this money to leverage lending of 600,000 irish pounds and went on an investment property gorge fest. He turned his initial 60k into assets worth millions using 90% banks money.

Property is one way. be it houses or land for future development.

Managed funds with banks are another. but not very exciting.

Trading the stock market yourself is another. Be it options, or just buying shares and keeping them.

You could invest it in start up businesses. for large share of profits.

Try and find out what the guys who are wealthy now did to get there, and then try to follow suite.

good luck,

Niall

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19 TripleB

What's the best and more safe way to invest money with the least risk but huge rewards......

least risk but huge returns...hehe.....I'm afraid it doesn't go like that.

You can get huge returns alright but you have to bear huge risk aswell!

i.e. If you wanted to take your 100,000.....get a loan of 1m and throw it all into Elan, the possibilty of huge returns are they but so is the risk!

If you want average returns with no risk then I'd recommend heading into your bank and asking for an Austrialian Dollar saving a/c...It'll give you 5% interest and if the currency swings against you, you can just take a massive holiday/buy a beach house down there!:-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭gre_soul

My best advice when it comes to investing is not to be average as most average investments make little if any money at all. educate yourself with some finance and investment books, there is a lot of good information out there...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭killeoin

Ok, the best place to put it is straight into my nothern rock account! I'll PM you on the account number nd i'll look after it for you!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭TabulaRasa22

Greenhorse wrote:
    Hey there,

Lots of ways to invest $100,000 as everyone has said so far it depends on what kind of person you are.

An econmic mag I read last year did a story on a guy who inherited 60,000 irish pounds in 1999. He went to the bank used this money to leverage lending of 600,000 irish pounds and went on an investment property gorge fest. He turned his initial 60k into assets worth millions using 90% banks money.

Property is one way. be it houses or land for future development.

Managed funds with banks are another. but not very exciting.

Trading the stock market yourself is another. Be it options, or just buying shares and keeping them.

You could invest it in start up businesses. for large share of profits.

Try and find out what the guys who are wealthy now did to get there, and then try to follow suite.

good luck,

Niall

Local startups are a good way to go, you keep control of your money and the factors influencing it, and if you do it right you could be looking at a high and fast growing rate of return. Thats verging on venture capitalist territory there, however, its generally not a good idea to pump up a company just to sell it on at a huge profit (that was a large factor in the dotcom bubble I believe).

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Diggles

I followed the link to
    http://www.askaboutmoney.com/guide/index.htm
    read the book but am wondering as it was published several years ago how relevent is the advise in todays market.:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭killeoin

yeah...It is a bit out of date allright!:-)
    If you post the question on that forum i'd say u'd have better luck than here!

Advertisement