Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car kits

Options
  • 13-02-2006 11:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,673 ✭✭✭

Looking to change my mobile shortly and will probably require a new car kit.

Do you need to change the complete kit or just the holder for the phone.

If i need to change the complete kit you would think they would come out with a universal car kit now but then again they would make less money

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

dont know if its much use to ya but the carphone warehouse sell/used to sell adapters for the differant phone to fit into existing carkits the one i seen was to make a nokia 6230 fit into the cradle for a nokia 6310/6310i or u can check with carkits.ie to see what phones are compatible with your current carkit and upgrade to one of those phones

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

I use a bluetooth headset and it's better than any car kit imho. You can hear, speak, answer, refuse, voice dial etc. without any bother.

Mine is a Sony ericsson HBH 602 btw.

I think the Jabra BT250 is supposed to be excellent too.

Plumbed in car kits devalue your car btw. and fitting is costly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Plumbed in car kits devalue your car btw. and fitting is costly.

There's a new clip available for the nokia kits now where they don't have to drill holes in your car. It comes out from the side of the radio

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

just get a bluetooth car kit ,try www.carkits.ie
    they are good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭Kermitt

I assume its a car kit for an old nokia 6310i you have. You can do 3 things.

1.. buy a cradle adaptor (spurious) for €59 and pop it in the cradle and it'll work for about a month

2.. Buy a CA-55 loom and an MBC-15s cradle from any decent mobile shop and switch the cradle only (about €120 all in)

3.. Buy a new car kit (Nokia 7w or the like) and change the whole lot. (about €220 all in) this kit is as universal as they get.. its a bluetooth kit and cradle kit in one. cradle can be changed to suit phone

If you want any more info pm me. (I install this stuff as a part time number)

as for devaluing your car, thats nonsense.. they can be removed in about 10 min from any car if you want. Installation isn't too difficult either.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Kermitt wrote:
    as for devaluing your car, thats nonsense.. they can be removed in about 10 min from any car if you want. Installation isn't too difficult either.

An extra aerial and holes in the trim do devalue a car.

A bluetooth headset is the mutts nuts. No wires, no holes, and no pointless installations/removals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭Kermitt

If its installed correctly there's no need for holes in dash (have had 3 cars with kits- no holes and at least half i fit into other cars don't need holes - use a €10 bracket that slips in beside radio no evidence once removed) and aerial is also removable with no fuss. IMO headsets are a bit cumbersome but depends on individual preference. also depends on the car, for instance the small fords ka/fiesta/puma 96-01 dont take car kits terribly well cos of the dash shape.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭fletch

I have a Parrot CK3000 Evolution Bluetooth Carkiet installed in my car...didn't need to drill one single hole...the microphone clips on to the roof lining of the car. The button to control calls simply sticks onto the dash....I could take the entire system out in about 5 mins with no evidence that it was there before.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,673 ✭✭✭Trampas

Thanks for all the replies lads.

I'll decide when i decide which phone I get

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

An extra aerial and holes in the trim do devalue a car.

The aeriel used in a car kit is stuck onto the inside of the windscreen and can be simply peeled back off, If the installer has taken the time to use a bracket, there won't be any extra holes in the dash

• Advertisement
Advertisement