Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop to TV

• 13-02-2006 11:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭

Right - I have a laptop and I have some movies on it. I want to watch them on the TV. There is some cable that I can get to link the two to each other.

Can anyone help me out with this? or tell me where I can buy such a cable?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭666bxg

Depends on the connection on your laptop and TV, and the what quality of picture you're hoping for.

As an example I bought an s-video/headphone jack to scart cable from ebay. It works fine for me and is probably suits the connection most people have. Just make sure your TV supports s-video via scart.

hope this little info helps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Right - I have a laptop and I have some movies on it. I want to watch them on the TV. There is some cable that I can get to link the two to each other.

Can anyone help me out with this? or tell me where I can buy such a cable?

Yes your option would be to but a cable. I got on of these cables not so long ago for the same purpose. I bought my one in the ESB in Nutgrove, but I think that is gone. Maybe try PC World, Peats or your local X-travision. Another option would be for you to burn the movies to a disk and pop it in your dvd player. Hope this helps.
    Sean

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

As above, or the considerably more expensive option would be a wireless media play/receiver

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,477 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Karoma wrote:
    As above, or the considerably more expensive option would be a wireless media play/receiver

yeah, makes a DVD player for €35 and a box of blank DVDs look very cheap!

Agreed.
    I think their point is that they save time ...and to impress one's geeky friends..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,225 ✭✭✭digiman

666bxg wrote:
    Just make sure your TV supports s-video via scart.
    If your tv doesn't support it does your picture come out in black and white? Thats what happens when I output my connection from my Dell 8600 to the tv at college, but the tv I have at home works grand.
    Is there anyway of getting around this, If I used ones of those yellow (visual leads) instead would that make any difference?

digiman wrote:
    If your tv doesn't support it does your picture come out in black and white? Thats what happens when I output my connection from my Dell 8600 to the tv at college, but the tv I have at home works grand.
    Is there anyway of getting around this, If I used ones of those yellow (visual leads) instead would that make any difference?

oO
    What connections are you talking about?
    the B&W issue is usually a result of PAL/NTSC incompatibility, or a scart pin issue (i.e. The convertor, or physically damaged/missing pin(s))..

Advertisement