Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Nokia N90 and SE w900i from USA?

• 13-02-2006 12:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,617 ✭✭✭✭

thinking of getting the N90 or w900i from usa
    will the phones work in ireland without any hassel

im also thinking of getting them from Australia
    will they work in ireland too

What are peoples opinan on the nokia N90
    is it good for txting and does it have good battery length

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

I have a n90, and I'm delighted with it. No Vibrate function, but who cares, it does everything else. Superb Camera, Speakerphone, excellent functionality - especially the colour outside screen you can read texts on and see who's calling. I've had around 40 different phones since 1996, and I can tell you without equivication that this is the best I've had yet.

Battery life is like any other Nokia smartphone, about a day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,617 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

ned78 wrote:
    I have a n90, and I'm delighted with it. No Vibrate function, but who cares, it does everything else. Superb Camera, Speakerphone, excellent functionality - especially the colour outside screen you can read texts on and see who's calling. I've had around 40 different phones since 1996, and I can tell you without equivication that this is the best I've had yet.

Battery life is like any other Nokia smartphone, about a day.
    is it a big phone in a normal pocket seize

also does it have a good mp3 player

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Barrie

Once their Triband/Quadbank shouldn't they fine.Saying that I bought a 3650 from the Buy and Sell and it was american.After about month the software went mad and wouldn't turn on for me.Brang it to Club Nokia and told me they cant fix it since being from the U.S.A.

Whether thats true or not I dont know but Ill never buy from the States,They also said the first time that I went in that It wouldnt be covered as its not in European warranty.Again I dont know if this is true but thats what the Club Nokia Guy told me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 98 ✭✭sidekick

Ned78 --

Are you able to get the 3G functions to work? A friend of mine has the N90 and Vodafone will not let him use the 3G features of their network.

What network are you with? Can you make and receive video calls?

I can make and receive 3G Video Calls alright, BUT, I'm broken hearted trying to get the Live services working, Vodafone are no help just saying they don't support the phone yet, even though the do support the n70. I've input the settings from the Vodafone site for the n70 manually, and it still won't get access to live, I'm just getting a network busy message.

I'll have to wait until Vodafone have the n90 onboard I suppose, which'll be another month or two.

Owen.

• Advertisement

Just got live (almost) working. I've modified the settings for the n70 slightly, but live and picture messaging are down at the moment, and the best Vodafone can tell me is that it will be back up sometime next week.

So the n90 should be fine for Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 98 ✭✭sidekick

Ned78 --> Can you post or PM the settings for enabling video calls on the N90?

There's nothing to setup for Video Calls, that works out of the box. I have just recently discovered that Nokia store settings for all the new models on their own website, tailored to all the Irish Networks. Choose the phone, choose the network and Nokia will send it to you, without having to deal with the Irish Network's imcompetence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭byrnefm

Barrie wrote:
    After about month the software went mad and wouldn't turn on for me.Brang it to Club Nokia and told me they cant fix it since being from the U.S.A.

Whether thats true or not I dont know but Ill never buy from the States,They also said the first time that I went in that It wouldnt be covered as its not in European warranty.Again I dont know if this is true but thats what the Club Nokia Guy told me.
    It's true, AFAIK. Most warranties (not just for mobiles) cover either Europe or the US but not both. No idea why, though.

Advertisement