Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Little rant about UTV (LONG POST)

• 13-02-2006 1:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭

Ok. It all started 2 weeks ago when I signed up for 1mb/8gb broadband 15.99 for 6months. When I got moden I was on 2meg. I thought this was because of the speed upgrade. Phoned them few days ago to cancel my dial-up package and the idiot didn't know what he was talking about, telling me I was on 2meg for 3months and that will go up to 3meg after 3months. I told him get me down to what I ordered.
    Then got an e-mail today saying on 1st March I'll be changed to 1mb/6gb 15.99 for 3months (HAH how laughable is that :rolleyes: ). Rang up and told em I signed what I signed up for and he checked it out and said he will change me to 2mb/12gb 15.99 for 3months. I told him to give me what I signed for or I cancel everything including my telephony. He went off on hold and came back and said ok we'll give you your 1mb/8gb 15.99 for 6months. END of call.

Question:
    What I thought I should be getting is.....end of january signed up for 1mg/8gb 15.99 for 6months.
    Should this not now be 2mb/12gb, still 15.99 for 6months after speed increase???????

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Skyuser wrote:
    Question:
    What I thought I should be getting is.....end of january signed up for 1mg/8gb 15.99 for 6months.
    Should this not now be 2mb/12gb, still 15.99 for 6months after speed increase???????
    No. If you signed up to UTV after the 24th of January you signed up to the new packages (1mb/8gb @€;15.99) and thats what you got.
    The 1mb/8gb @€;15.99 was a new entry level product introduced after the upgrade.
    It looks like you gave some poor dude a bollicking for your own mistake.
    BTW, it's only €15.99 for 3 months

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭Skyuser

Nope your mistaken, I signed up for 6months at 15.99 before the new packages. New packages are 6gb, 12gb and 20gb caps with 3months reduced rate.
    I don't make mistakes excuse me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

Skyuser wrote:

Good gravy! An infallible boards user! :eek:

rymus wrote:
    Good gravy! An infallible boards user! :eek:
    :D
    Skyuser, if you're so convinced you're right, why are you posting here looking for opinions/advice.
    My humblest apologies for questioning your infallibility.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

dont forget to smile and bow as you slowly back away kaizer, it pleases people that pontificate.

• Advertisement

I was having a rant, didn't you read the title?

Skyuser wrote:
    I was having a rant, didn't you read the title?
    A rant followed by a question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Drustan

Skyuser wrote:

You signed up to UTV, well enough said i think :D

I had to, we have calls with them and no other provider gives free calss to britain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

I'm pretty sure you could have signed up to BT or Eircom for broadband and kept the calls package with UTV.

• Advertisement

jor el wrote:
    I'm pretty sure you could have signed up to BT or Eircom for broadband and kept the calls package with UTV.
    Spot on.

Why do that? I wouldn't get it for 15.99 with anyone else

Advertisement