Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom phone line

Options
  • 13-02-2006 1:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm moving into a new office at the moment, and the only thing holding it up is getting a phone line installed.
    Just got off the phone from Eircom, and apparently it'll be at least another month before the thing gets done.
    That's two weeks gone already, so at least another month sounds like two months altogether.
    Pissed off is an understatement, I'm in the 0502 area and they said that my area and 045 are taking this long now.
    What's this country going to?
    Seems to me that if Eircom isn't able to handle the amount of new phone line requests then other companies should be able to provide this service.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭jayok

I often wonder if the Eircom has a railing outside where all the cowboys can tie-up their horses while on-site.

jjmax, what you need to do here if try to find someone in Eircom would can actually help and not hinder you. I don't mean someone on the 1901 line as these are just glorified receptionists (no offence) and have no scheduling decisions. I too was waiting for lines for our new offices and was getting the usual run around (and this was in Dublin 4), ask the rep who was the install been allocated to she gave me the name and number. I called and got through to the service administrator explained my case, 2 days later I was connected!

Six weeks is ridiculous and this is only their first estimate, but they can do it faster.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,774 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

they say 4-6 weeks to cover themselves, get an account manager on the line and it will be in a week or so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭jjmax

Cheers,

I've been told by the building manager that he's getting a guy to come in tomorrow to sort it out.
    So fingers-crossed.
    If it doesn't happen I'll try and get in touch with the account manager.
    I was fairly peeved today, I completely flipped with the woman on the phone, not a great start on a monday!

Advertisement