Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

walks for charity

• 13-02-2006 2:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭

Has anyone ever done one of these walks for charity? I heard one advertised for Temple St I think, walking in Costa Rica in November. It sounds like fun, and a worthwhile cause, but I'd appreciate feedback/tips from anyone who has already done one...

Ta very much.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭Unwilling

Anyone ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭krankykitty

I have never done one, but I must say I would be slow to sponsor someone doing one, unless they personally were covering their own expenses. Just something to consider...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,512 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

It's extremely difficult to get sponsorship for these. If you pay your own way then fine. But the point of a sponsored anything is that it's difficult, and not something you would do anyway if a charity was not involved like fast for 24 hours, or run a marathon. But walking in Costa Rica??

Advertisement