Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Arrested for dangerous driving help

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

yeah eireal was was there that i got caught, but in court i am going to tell them that i did it as they might have it video recorded.as there was loadz of police around last might.

anyway i hope for the best and wish a fine and points.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,661 ✭✭✭maidhc

drdre wrote:
    does anyone know who i can ask about the law at the moment as the stupid irish law keeps changing.

A solicitor. Seriously, having a law degree myself I cringe at the "advice" given out on forums. The best thing you can do is ask a few questions about the best guy to go to, and he will set you straight and get you the best deal possible.

If you are telling the truth, and I have no reason to doubt it, getting slapped with a dangerous driving conviction seems harsh enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭5500

Which station were you taken to?clondalkin?

Did they seize your car aswell?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭MikeHunt

From everything you've told us so far it sounds like the garda have no actual proof, and that's was a conviction depends on. Perhaps you've already admitted it or said too much to them at this stage though...

yeah eireal it was clondalkin,the car was taken at the check point and was given back to me after 1 and half hours.
    yeah i will have to tell my parents first and then ask my dad to introduce me to his solictor:D to try and get some help.
    i have to go to kilmanham court:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Kersh

Right Dre -
    Cut to the chase stop messing us around... answer the important question - -

-

-
    -

-

What were you driving?????????????????? :D:D

Seriously though - ask them for some evidence.

kersh it wasnot even a fast car.thats the problem and thats why im pissed off.
    its a 2005 vw golf 1.4. its good with traction control off:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

drdre wrote:
    bigballs i was doing wheelspins earlier and the cops said they seen me and then when i was at a checkpoint they done me there and then under section 53 of road traffic act.

yeah i am hoping not imprisionment.

does anyone know who i can ask about the law at the moment as the stupid irish law keeps changing.
    i hope they make an example out of you to be honest.

thanks lundi:p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Kersh

Lord, it would have been half worth it if it was a Tuscan or something.
    I think they do need some sort of evidence. Then again if the cctv was there, maybe they do.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

drdre wrote:
    thanks lundi:p
    my pleasure..

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭fatboypee

that fkking filum "The Fast and Furious" has alot to fkkin answer for !!

One consolation, the irish versions of the cars all top out at a whopping 1.4 :rolleyes: (doesnt stop the muppet driving ala baseball cap and sunglasses suspended on a string from the roof to give the illusion of height of the driver :rolleyes: ).....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭kittenkiller

drdre wrote:
    this thing happens every thur and near coke factory on naas rd.it was my first time i ever went.

i just did it for the laugh but wonot be doing it ever again:D
    Glad to hear it!
    I'd be all for you having your license taken off you & suspending you from reapplying for a good few years.
    But hey, that's just me!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭kdevitt

It was a stupid thing to do, but to be honest I'd rather see the gob****es who can't use a roundabout properly get done, rather than someone who decides to waste their tyres when theres no one around.

I'd suggest you get a good solicitor/barrister. What happens will more than likely be at the whim of the judge on the day. It will be the guards word against yours, so I'd be tempted to go with the 'I know it was stupid, I'm so sorry' route. And a donation to the court poor box.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

drdre wrote:
    kersh it wasnot even a fast car.thats the problem and thats why im pissed off.
    its a 2005 vw golf 1.4. its good with traction control off:D

I didn't realise 1.4 Golf's had t.c.

They certainly don't need it :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

If you really were just spinning your wheels then I think you are the victim of stats.

The cops are under pressure from the dumb*ss minister to do something about safety. The cozzers don't have any real clue or training about it either so they think spinning your wheels and making a bit of noise is dangerous and you end up in the slammer, and another busted driver in the crusade against dangerous driving, "a statistic"

If you were racing on public roads then I think you probably deserve all you get.

If it is a noise thing you should all be just chased off.
    Whats so dangerous about buring the tyres of your dads motor?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

RobAMerc wrote:
    If you really were just spinning your wheels then I think you are the victim of stats.

The cops are under pressure from the dumb*ss minister to do something about safety. The cozzers don't have any real clue or training about it either so they think spinning your wheels and making a bit of noise is dangerous and you end up in the slammer, and another busted driver in the crusade against dangerous driving, "a statistic"

If you were racing on public roads then I think you probably deserve all you get.

If it is a noise thing you should all be just chased off.
    Whats so dangerous about buring the tyres of your dads motor?

His Dad's likely anger?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭adam01

my mate got 2 years:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

As you sow so shall you reap

Mike

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

I hope they take the license off you until you learn how to drive properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

drdre wrote:
    i would just like views and tell me what would happen i have to appear in court on 1st march 2006.
    Tell us which court and we'll all come along for a goo, you muppet.

You're young, you're stupid and you have no good reason to be doing that, but if I was your solictor I'd use sexual-frustation as a mitigating factor.

Praise the Lord someone in the guards wasn't asleep and caught your ass.

But if you get a custodial sentance (dats prison bud) then prepare yourself to have your ass caught in a whole-new-way.

Idiots like you are the reason motor insurance is sky-high in this country.

People 1. Muppets 0.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

get a loyer . try and get the permission of the people in the aera . offer them money or sum such . see if the place had been cordened off .

if you can prove you had the permission of the landowners and that the aera you were in was unaccessible you may be let off lightly but still would be done .

considering you were doing it in a " safer envirment " then a public road and did notise that there is a difference i hope you get a light spanking . some muppets are doing what you were done for on public roads and nothing ever gets done to them

is this your first offence ? someone obviously complained . so id find a different place if i was you

you will learn pleanty for this . and hopefully youll rember it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Give him the chair tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

just re read the post . so you were not seen to do these manovers ?

deny everthing then unless the cops were watching you at them

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

Glad to hear it!
    I'd be all for you having your license taken off you & suspending you from reapplying for a good few years.
    But hey, that's just me!

Nope, me too! I also quite like several other recommendations made in this thread as to what should be done. Would it not be possible to split crap like this off to a subforum like "Idiots" or "Boy Racer Conundrums"?

dublin writer u are a ****in muppet. get off this thread and doonot come back i said i donot want assholes like u on it.

no its my own car and i wasnot racing at all it was just did wheel spins and had bad luck and got caught.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

drdre u r banned for personal abuse.

And before you ask why I dont' ban Dublin Writer he is only saying what appears to be correct - that you're an idiot for driving in such a fashion on a public road.

Frankly I'm suprised your surpised at the response.

Mike.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement