Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Arrested for dangerous driving help

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

Thank you mike65.

As another person said before, it is idiots like him that are the reason my insurance is 10 times the price of my car!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

mike65 wrote:
    drdre u r banned for personal abuse.

Mike.

And you should be banned for txt speak ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

JohnCleary wrote:
    And you sould be banned for txt speak ;)

And lucky for you poor spelling is not grounds for a ban.:D

MrP

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

MrPudding wrote:
    And lucky for you poor spelling is not grounds for a ban.:D

MrP

And lucky for you having a space between the full stop and the :D isn't either.. ok I'll shut up:o :v:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

drdre wrote:
    dublin writer u are a ****in muppet. get off this thread and doonot come back i said i donot want assholes like u on it.

banned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭5500

In fairness where he was is away from any housing areas ect ect altho joe public does drive thru it and ive seen some near misses down there before.

What used to happen was a couple of modded cars would meet up on a sunday and have a chat ect but no messing ect.People got wind of this and all started turning up which eventually led to the muppets coming along racing and diffing.Then the local joy riders wanted a piece of it so they were turning up and smashing cars into the factories.

The garda literally blitz the place every thursday and sunday and go thru everycar,just lately they have been siezing cars unroadworthy or caught in the act and rightfully so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

Has no one here ever spun wheels or done hand-brake turns on a public road ever? Just because there is a witch hunt on at the moment for dangerous driving I think people are being too judge mental. I think a solution to the current trends in motoring would be to have a training centre for advanced driving and how to handle a car in skid situations and the like. As well as teaching young drivers how to drive properly a few older ones could do with brushing up too. I think younger drivers would que up in there masses to prove that they were better drivers than each other. I've come across guys who have spent thousands on their cars and I think that a new car culture has developed here as a result. But it has to be said that our government is only pointing the finger of blame at the Irish motorist all the way and taking no responsibility for poor road surfaces, badly designed roads and serious delays in driving tests. I think they should look at their own faults before the put all the blame on the motorist....again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

No one (with a wit of responsibility to fellow humans) can condone donuts on a public road. If the kids want to act the maggot they should use thier back garden and see what Mam has to say about a cut up lawn!

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

I was also going to say something similar earlier on but didn't want to stray off topic, since Dre is banned now I guess it wont be going back on topic. I was going to say that doing such stunts in a location like that may infact save lives if you were ever in a situation where you spun and needed to control the spin. Ok, it was a public place yes but probably a relatively safe public place to do such things.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

I find it both horrifying and moronic in equal proportions that some people here actually defend the OP. There is no defense; unless of course daddy has a good solicitor.

• Advertisement

I still think that at some time in our motoring career we have spun wheels etc., and it does give you an idea of the limits of a car, unless everyone here is a saint of course and has never even exceeded the speed limit either. I'm not condoning dangerous driving but as was pointed out in earlier posts it wasn't exactly on the public road. As I said earlier if there was a venue where you could go and learn how to drive and control a car in skid situations and the like it would be a good thing in my view anyway. I've seen advanced driving centre's in the U.K. Germany and the U.S. and I think they might even get support from the Government, car manufacturers and insurance companies if it was well run.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

DukeDredd wrote:
    Get used to the view...

dsc00208.JPG

:D

Ah sure that cell is easy to break out of. It's been done before.:D :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭celica140bhp

Well done Mike!

The less we hear from the OP the better - don't need them on public roads or posting on public forums.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

Well done Mike!

The less we hear from the OP the better - don't need them on public roads or posting on public forums.

That's very harsh. You advertise the fact that you have a Toyota Celica 140bhp. May I ask why, the 1 litre Micra in my family can also go 120kph and as such is all you need. I am presuming from your post that you have never broken the speed limit or any other law.

He knows he was in the wrong, and if I recall unkel I think it was (sorry mate for bringing your name up) posted a thread asking where he could do some wheelspins and the like in his 735i before he replaced the tyres. All perfectly ok until it's a young lad who was caught.

Btw I don't condone what drdre has done, but he who is without sin shall cast the first stone

Well said Squirrel, I was beginning to think I was a sinner living in the Holy land there for a while.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

junkyard wrote:
    Well said Squirrel, I was beginning to think I was a sinner living in the Holy land there for a while.

Nice ;)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=302496

There's the thread if anyone's interested. Again I apologise to unkel for bringing him up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

Junkyard, I agree there is a witch hunt on at the moment, anything outside driving your Almera in the inside lane at speed limit - 10kph is deemed as dangerous. I recently had an old bag wag her finger at me for revving the engine, in fact I was trying to keep the engine going. :)

If you want to see real lunatic behaviour head out on any road you choose around the country.

I think some of the culprits could well be jumping on the band wagon here too and lipping this poor lad out of it.
    I'd say 50% of those who tut tut you for saying you spun your wheels, regularly drive with a mobile hanging out of their ear, with no lights on in poor conditions or 3 inches from the back of the guy in front of them, or worse still half jarred from the pub last night!

What the OP did was not bright, but locking him up for spinning his wheels in a industrial estate on a Sunday night ? Come on

I say this on the understanding of course that they were not racing. I do not condone on open road under any circumstances.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭dbnavan

drdre wrote:
    but hope i donot get a ban or even imprisionment.

Lube up big boy ;) Just kidding you'll probably get a fine points and maybe a ban, would be surprised if u go to jail, people drink drive and dont go to jail. (they havent got the room) Hope you learn your lesson, might teach u a lesson and save ur life.

But if you get a custodial sentance (dats prison bud)

People 1. Muppets 0.

Funny post of the month ROFLMAO!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,022 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

I live across from a car park and assmunches like drdre regularly turn up, soin the sh!te out of their cars and wake everyone up in the process. It's clear from his other posts that he acts the b0llix on the road all the time and he wasn't unlucy to get caught this time, he's been lucky not to have been caught before. I'm hoping he gets a good dose of erm, stiff penal correction :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,416 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Squirrel wrote:
    if I recall unkel I think it was (sorry mate for bringing your name up) posted a thread asking where he could do some wheelspins and the like in his 735i before he replaced the tyres

You might also recall that I specifically excluded public roads
    JazzyJ wrote:

180 or 190 in a car that can just about do 160km/h (about the same as a Toyota Yaris 1.0 liter)? Youthful boasting methinks...

Hopefully the OP has learned his lesson by the time his court case finishes. A hefty fine and 5 points, me thinks. I sure don't wish him a custodial sentence although I haven't much sympathy for him based on his contributions on this forum so far

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

He has had it coming for a while. Fair play to the Gardai.

Purposal : People who look for sympathy on boards for breaking the law, should be banned or at least thread locked for stupidity, nobody is ever gonna 'ah ye poor you, you'd a though upbringing' That's B/S I know plenty of people with though upbringing that never broke a law in their life.

you do the crime you serve the time end of story.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

dbnavan wrote:
    Purposal : People who look for sympathy on boards for breaking the law, should be banned or at least thread locked for stupidity, nobody is ever gonna 'ah ye poor you, you'd a though upbringing' That's B/S I know plenty of people with though upbringing that never broke a law in their life.

you do the crime you serve the time end of story.
    This is not 1970's East Germany, people come on here asking all kinds of questions and the day they start getting banned for asking a question is the day I quit using this site. The OP got caught doing something silly and will be sorry by the time all is said and done. Cars are fun and young people will mess in them until they benefit from experience or training, I am with the 'let he who is without sin...' brigade.

Let this serve as a caution to anyone planning antisocial automotive activity to do it well away from civilisation, other groups of muppets and watching rozzers. In fact, come to my house - I have lots of space at the back for doing donuts and my kids will get a laugh out of it.

'cptr

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Wolff

Well Ive worked around that area and have had idiots like this keep me awake at night where I live too - I hope they throw the book at him. The road will be asafer place if a person with this level of responsibility was removed all together.

As for some of the idiots supporting the OP with moronic reasoning I can only hope you are young imature and have been driving a wet weekend - take a look at the statistics on road deaths week after week - 19 20 21 22 23 year olds in the main getting killed - the point is you wont know how to drive and never will if you indulge in such idiotic driving behaviour

If you really want to do this stuff - hire some place and get all the wheel spinners and donut merchants together and do it to your hearts content.

You can swich your undercarlighting on - use your foglights when there is no fog - rev your little engines and listen to your oversize wheels screeching and overdose on Dr Dre to your hearts content

Just dont do it in public places

Cars are fun and young people will mess in them until they benefit from experience or training,

Or kill someone!!
    I have lots of space at the back for doing donuts and my kids will get a laugh out of it.

'cptr

You have kids?? Reading your reply I was expecting you to be 16 or 17.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,712 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

I've done a few trackdays over the years.

They take all that aggression away and show you how near average you are as a driver.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭tred

Wolff wrote:
    Well Ive worked around that area and have had idiots like this keep me awake at night where I live too - I hope they throw the book at him. The road will be asafer place if a person with this level of responsibility was removed all together.

As for some of the idiots supporting the OP with moronic reasoning I can only hope you are young imature and have been driving a wet weekend - take a look at the statistics on road deaths week after week - 19 20 21 22 23 year olds in the main getting killed - the point is you wont know how to drive and never will if you indulge in such idiotic driving behaviour

If you really want to do this stuff - hire some place and get all the wheel spinners and donut merchants together and do it to your hearts content.

You can swich your undercarlighting on - use your foglights when there is no fog - rev your little engines and listen to your oversize wheels screeching and overdose on Dr Dre to your hearts content

Just dont do it in public places

I have to agree. Cars are weapons in the wrong hands. I basically think he should get a one year ban. It starts in an industrial estate, and then when the buzz wears off, it moves onto the public roads.
    I personally think the likes of them should be restricted to ever owning a car over 1.0l for the rest of his/her life.
    Its a pity hes is banned, be interesting to see how the court case goes. ;) ..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

junkyard wrote:
    I think a solution to the current trends in motoring would be to have a training centre for advanced driving and how to handle a car in skid situations and the like.
    :
    :
    I think younger drivers would que up in there masses to prove that they were better drivers than each other.

The Advanced driving course is not about how to handle the vehicle in skid situations and the like, it is about driving in such a way as to avoid/minimise entering into such situations. Recognising them before they occur and taking the appropriate action is being an advanced safe motorist.

Regarding, your second point, why don't they do it then? I did mine with ROSPA and it cost me £70 I think. Get a 30% discount on my insurance as a result of passing it which means it pays for itself in 1 renewal. And that is only the financial benifet. The Carrot if you will. The unseen benifets are hopefully never relied upon...

L.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Wolff wrote:
    Wolff wrote:

I resent the front fog lights comment. It's mostly older people who can afford the pointless extras on their cars and women who know no better that do this. I was in with a taxi driver a few weeks ago and I gave him a light probing about it. He basically said he did it because it was a high spec car. Don't think he called them fogs.

Realised the other day that my dad does it too. His E240 has an 'Auto' position for the lights. He didn't even know that this "Automatically" put on the fogs at random times.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement