Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Arrested for dangerous driving help

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭dbnavan

RobAMerc wrote:
    As I said before, do you consider this more dangerous than driving half pissed, or with your mobile to your ear?

Equally dangerous to be honest, most shopping centre car parks are privately owned so not only can you done for dangerous drive you could in theory be done for trespassing, under grounds of using private area for purpose for which its not ment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 503 ✭✭✭OMcGovern

With any luck, he's going to get a lifetime ban from his Daddy's car anyway.

Also, removed from his Dad's insurance policy, and you can probably add €1000 or more to a separate insurance policy if you've a dangerous driving conviction.

Ahh... the sweet, sweet feeling of justice.

Hmmmm.... I might take a day off work, with a packed lunch and flask of coffee, and sit down in a court all day.... sounds like entertainment to me :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

OMcGovern wrote:
    With any luck, he's going to get a lifetime ban from his Daddy's car anyway.

Also, removed from his Dad's insurance policy, and you can probably add €1000 or more to a separate insurance policy if you've a dangerous driving conviction.

Ahh... the sweet, sweet feeling of justice.

Hmmmm.... I might take a day off work, with a packed lunch and flask of coffee, and sit down in a court all day.... sounds like entertainment to me :-)

It was his own car, had you read the thread fully you would've realised this

Edit: Here

Just as a matter of interest to people who defend using car parks and use them as rally area's .....and yes i know this is extreame but could happen.... ur in a car 3am in the rain, pull a hand break turn, loose control end up driving in to a shop window. Do you....
    A) call for help knowing you'll probably be arrested,
    B)Dump the car and run, report it stolen,
    c) Pay for the damages.
    d) other

dont reply saying c**p like It wouldnt happen me I am a safe driver etc etc. This is a case scenerio it has happened, what next?

dbnavan wrote:
    Just as a matter of interest to people who defend using car parks and use them as rally area's .....and yes i know this is extreame but could happen.... ur in a car 3am in the rain, pull a hand break turn, loose control end up driving in to a shop window. Do you....
    c) Pay for the damages.
    d) other

dont reply saying c**p like It wouldnt happen me I am a safe driver etc etc. This is a case scenerio it has happened, what next?

You have to stand up and take it, just like drdre did in all honesty, he admitted he was in the wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

ronoc wrote:
    And its defiantly as big a problem as drink driving :rolleyes:

I think that both types of driving would fall under the "Dangerous Driving" category.

Don't you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

drdre wrote:
    no i wont call him a wanker.i want to keep calm:D to avoid further problems

it was 3-4 full 360's.and then got locked up for 1 hr and then got realeased.i donot mind POINTS AND FINE but hope i donot get a ban or even imprisionment.
    i was going max 50-60 kmp but the problem is i cannot prove it.

1st time=wrist slap few PP's but thats it, you will be cautioned though.

If you can't prove the speed neither do they. I got pulled for speeding and they asked what speed I was doing I said I didn't know. They could do nothing about it as they didn't have a speed gun.

I'd like to say this, you will lose your car if you hangout there. I've met people who have had their cars taken off them down there.

STAY AWAY FROM THAT PLACE!

Squirrel wrote:
    You have to stand up and take it, just like drdre did in all honesty, he admitted he was in the wrong.

Only cause he was caught! If he is 'taking it' why does he ask for help?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

Equally dangerous to be honest
    And its defiantly as big a problem as drink driving
    Do you honestly believe that being in an empty car park late at night doing handbreak turns us equally dangerous to driveing half pissed on an open road with thousands of other road users at anywhere between 0 and 120 kph ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 503 ✭✭✭OMcGovern

Squirrel wrote:
    It was his own car, had you read the thread fully you would've realised this

reply #47 mentioned "burning the tyres off his Dad's motor", so you can see where I might've picked this up.

• Advertisement

RobAMerc wrote:
    Do you honestly believe that being in an empty car park late at night doing handbreak turns us equally dangerous to driveing half pissed on an open road with thousands of other road users at anywhere between 0 and 120 kph ?

So you think boy racers screech around car parks late at night....leave the car park and drive perfectly safetly, they can loose the buzz of it all that quick? I have been passenger before when couple of guys did this, yes I am condoning it having been involved before in younger and wilder days - I am sure someone will be quick to pick up on that

You might think you will change once you drive accross the car park exit line, most dont.

RobAMerc wrote:

Learn to quote, they are 2 different peoples quotes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

RobAMerc wrote:

The point here is not how dangerous X vs Y is. The point is that both types of driving fall under a term I like to call "illegal".

Both can also cause death.

I like the point that dbnavan makes regarding the mindset of the driver after arsing about in the car park.

The point here is not how dangerous X vs Y is. The point is that both types of driving fall under a term I like to call "illegal".

Both can also cause death.

I like the point that dbnavan makes regarding the mindset of the driver after arsing about in the car park.

Lots of things are illegal. I would prefer 10 times the amount of people pricking about in car parks rather than more drink drivers. There are drink driving road deaths virtually every weekend.
    I have yet to see a newspaper article about someone killed while doing dounuts.

Mindset, rubbish. You are tarring them all with the same brush. You get a certain percentage of tossers of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

dbnavan wrote:
    c) Pay for the damages.
    d) other

well this happened to my shop at 3pm one day but alas it was a mother who looked in the back seat to see what her child was doing .

thankfully no one was hurt just a few broken windows and a few bricks out of place .

ronoc wrote:
    Lots of things are illegal. I would prefer 10 times the amount of people pricking about in car parks rather than more drink drivers. There are drink driving road deaths virtually every weekend.
    I have yet to see a newspaper article about someone killed while doing dounuts.

Mindset, rubbish. You are tarring them all with the same brush. You get a certain percentage of tossers of course.

My mindset is rubbish? I laugh when people say something i say here is rubbish without backing up their point eg: Why is it rubbish! You think someone will drive as if they are doing a driving test once they get back on the road? Now that rubbish, adreanilne pumping, showing off to mates, music going, you get the picture.

dbnavan wrote:
    My mindset is rubbish? I laugh when people say something i say here is rubbish without backing up their point eg: Why is it rubbish! You think someone will drive as if they are doing a driving test once they get back on the road? Now that rubbish, adreanilne pumping, showing off to mates, music going, you get the picture.

Rubbish as in you have just made a sweeping generalisation without backing it up. Boy racers are a nice easy target.

We know drink drivers cause accidents.
    Back up your claims..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

dbnavan wrote:
    I have been passenger before when couple of guys did this, yes I am condoning it having been involved before in younger and wilder days
    Ah, so you admit to having been involved in this sort of behaviour? Did you grass your mates to the cops? Explain to them why they were doing wrong? Notify your insurance company? Nah, but its ok to bay for blood when someone looks for some advice.

Get off your high horse. drdre didn't come on here looking to be judged and you don't have the right. The law is there to decide who has done wrong and to apply justice as appropriate, Internet chat rooms are not the Oireachtas.

I am almost forty and back when dbnavan was a zygote I used spin the wheels of my Renault 4 taking off from every set of traffic lights (there were two sets in the town where I grew up) and the chirp of tyres lasted a whole 1.5 seconds. The cops came to my house when I was reported for balancing on the seat of my motorbike driving down the main street of the town. No-one died, no-one got hurt, no-one got deafened or had their kids woken at three in the morning. If there was an internet back then, would I have looked for advice on how to do full-lock-in-reverse-donuts in a front wheel drive car, you betcha.

'cptr

Yes drink driving and driving recklessly in a car park are like comparing chalk and cheese but bottom line is they are both illegal because the both can lead to fatalities.

Laws are made for reason, these laws made to save lives. So anyone defending breaking the law no matter how sever it is talking through the wrong oriface. Just cause the likelyhood of killing yourself or someone else lessons cause ur sober and in a car-park doesnt make it right.

That like saying its ok I broke into a shop, cause it was late at night and nobody was there so its not like I would have hurt someone.

I dont think the judge who sees the OP will say it's ok son nobody was hurt the car park was empty, you'd every right to be there, sure god love ya what else do people expect you to be doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

dbnavan wrote:
    Yes drink driving and driving recklessly in a car park are like comparing chalk and cheese but bottom line is they are both illegal because the both can lead to fatalities.

Laws are made for reason, these laws made to save lives. So anyone defending breaking the law no matter how sever it is talking through the wrong oriface. Just cause the likelyhood of killing yourself or someone else lessons cause ur sober and in a car-park doesnt make it right.

have you ever broken a law?

• Advertisement

Ah, so you admit to having been involved in this sort of behaviour? Did you grass your mates to the cops? Explain to them why they were doing wrong? Notify your insurance company? Nah, but its ok to bay for blood when someone looks for some advice.

Get off your high horse. drdre didn't come on here looking to be judged and you don't have the right. The law is there to decide who has done wrong and to apply justice as appropriate, Internet chat rooms are not the Oireachtas.

I am almost forty and back when dbnavan was a zygote I used spin the wheels of my Renault 4 taking off from every set of traffic lights (there were two sets in the town where I grew up) and the chirp of tyres lasted a whole 1.5 seconds. The cops came to my house when I was reported for balancing on the seat of my motorbike driving down the main street of the town. No-one died, no-one got hurt, no-one got deafened or had their kids woken at three in the morning. If there was an internet back then, would I have looked for advice on how to do full-lock-in-reverse-donuts in a front wheel drive car, you betcha.

'cptr

Ye and you know what..... when I was in my teens I got in fist fights in school does that mean I can do it now if someone pi**es me off in work, No! I admit i was wrong, different time I was wrong then and I know I was.

Do you think recovered drug addicts shouldnt be allowed into schools to explain the dangers of drugs? same thing.

So you get off your high-horse, just cause your almost forty doesnt mean you know it all, or have cop on

dbnavan wrote:

Laws are made for reason, these laws made to save lives. So anyone defending breaking the law no matter how sever it is talking through the wrong oriface.

I would form the opinion that defending breaking the law or questioning it is one of the basic rights of any free society.

My overall point was he was arrested at all for something so minor. Time spent prosecuting burnt rubber and taking Gardai of the beat to appear in court and do paper work.

Now wonder why is there no extra gardai left to cover the graveyard shift every sunday morning..

dbnavan wrote:
    Ye and you know what..... when I was in my teens I got in fist fights in school does that mean I can do it now if someone pi**es me off in work, No! I admit i was wrong, different time I was wrong then and I know I was.

Do you think recovered drug addicts shouldnt be allowed into schools to explain the dangers of drugs? same thing.

So you get off your high-horse, just cause your almost forty doesnt mean you know it all, or have cop on

I actually think tht was his point. That drdre has/will learn his lesson, just like you did, and you're getting high and mighty on him. Interceptor has a good point. And I'm not on my high-horse yet

elexes wrote:
    have you ever broken a law?

No criminal record, never been cautioned, never been questioned. Broken law? I am no saint, nor have I ever claimed to be, sure I have at one stage or another. Doesnt mean I dont a right to condemn* someone for breaking the law, same way they too would be entitled to if they could say anything about what I had done.

* Spelling corrected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

I think a lot of people here are very quick at pointing fingers at others, no one is perfect, not even me :) , but we were all young once and I for one loved messing about in my car but I will admit it was quieter back then. A lot of younger people get great pleasure messing about in their cars and with the car culture thats there at the moment we'll probably see more of it. I do think that an organised event would sort out a lot of the messing that is going on. Also would people read the posts through and comment on them rather than taking out excerpts out of context and quoting them, it only seems to start arguments. I hope I haven't over stepped my mark here but I think it would help.

dbnavan wrote:
    No criminal record, never been cautioned, never been questioned. Broken law? I am no saint, nor have I ever claimed to be, sure I have at one stage or another. Doesnt mean I dont a right to condon someone for breaking the law, same way they too would be entitled to if they could say anything about what I had done.

I think you meant condemn. I have broken minor laws at stages so can't condemn drdre, though I don't condone his actions either

All I said was he has been caught breaking it is up to the courts to punish him, thats the chance you take.

Dont take chances if you cant take the consequences.

Squirrel wrote:
    I think you meant condemn. I have broken minor laws at stages so can't condemn drdre, though I don't condone his actions either
    Your right I do mean condemn sorry.

dbnavan wrote:
    All I said was he has been caught breaking it is up to the courts to punish him, thats the chance you take.

Dont take chances if you cant take the consequences.

I fully agree, the OP was just trying tofigure out the best way to get punished the least amount. Which is what everyone would do, I'd do it in the same position, so would you. He was pretty mature about it in the way he accepted it
    Your right I do mean condemn sorry.

No problem

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Kersh

I agree with above ^^^
    Dre did accept the fact that he was in the wrong. He knew he was breaking the law, he got caught.
    Brave of him to come on here and say so too. Given the fact we alll knew where this thread would go.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement