Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Arrested for dangerous driving help

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

yeah it is a criminal offence, im hiring a criminal solictor for this case.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

dr dre, perhaps you should considering enrolling for some sort of driving course between now and the court appearance or do something as a personal act of redress to show that you have sought to improve yourself since the incident. Also say that you have personal/family problems - parents not giving you attention/giving you too much attention etc. I've a feeling you'll get away with it anyhow but you really don't want to take any chances.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

el tel wrote:
    dr dre, perhaps you should considering enrolling for some sort of driving course between now and the court appearance or do something as a personal act of redress to show that you have sought to improve yourself since the incident. Also say that you have personal/family problems - parents not giving you attention/giving you too much attention etc. I've a feeling you'll get away with it anyhow but you really don't want to take any chances.

the judge might even be over on sabattical from the UK! :D
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/4721820.stm
    www.itvregions.com/Granada/News/Driver+keeps+licence+despite+31+penalty+points.htm
    [ there are loads like this! ]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭dbnavan

drdre wrote:
    yeah it is a criminal offence, im hiring a criminal solictor for this case.

Maybe what you end up shelling out for a solictor, might be lesson enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

kbannon wrote:
    the judge might even be over on sabattical from the UK! :D

LOL!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/4721820.stm = understandable really given that Rangers in Europe is such a rare occurrence :p

Some UK young offenders have even been lucky enough to get sent to Kenya rehabilitation trips :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

drdre wrote:
    this thing happens every thur and near coke factory on naas rd.it was my first time i ever went.

Pity i didnt know this a couple of weeks ago. Brought my gf out for a driving lesson as i thought it would be quiet. Boy was i wrong. Luckily for us you boy racer **** were only started gathering and hadnt started doing yer races and donought **** down on knockmitten road when we turned the corner. Learner dirver and wanker boy racers would made for possibly a tragic mix.
    Meant to call cops on ye's but was more concerned of getting gf and car home in one piece.
    Wont be going down there on driving lessons with her anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

go on lock it you know u wana its gone on long enough .

the thread was great when it started but people have wrecked it now

drdre wrote:
    the thread was great when it started but people have wrecked it now
    Why sick of not getting the sympathy you expected :D

I say keep it open to tell us what you get, have u a court date yet?

yeah i have a date its march 1st at 10.30am but i was talking to my solictor and she said that the date will be put forward as i can tell the judge i need more time,thats what i have been told i am really not sure as its my first offence ever.
    i think in my opinion i will get away with it as it is my 1st offence think of joyriders etc and im not one of them.

• Advertisement

drdre wrote:
    yeah i have a date its march 1st at 10.30am but i was talking to my solictor and she said that the date will be put forward as i can tell the judge i need more time,thats what i have been told i am really not sure as its my first offence ever.
    i think in my opinion i will get away with it as it is my 1st offence think of joyriders etc and im not one of them.

More time to what......rob a car, flee the country, get a driver licence, get physcoligail analysis?? *tougue-in-cheek*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Gatster

Define 'Joy Rider'? Your previous posts on other topics (in motors) indicate a disregard for other road users and there is no doubt more to this than the version of events you provide.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement