Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Royal Canal Park

Options
  • 13-02-2006 4:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭

Would love to get peoples opinions on Royal Canal Park. I'm thinking of buying there but am unsure about the area. The upside is that its close enough to town but the downside is that it seems to be lacking facilities such as shops...

Would love to here from someone who has bought there or lives nearby...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,411 ✭✭✭✭Victor

This is the development at Pelletstown? Near Ashtown Station?

Expect a reasonable variety of facilities to go in, I'm surprised they aren't there already. In any case bus & rail access is there to Blanchardstown and Phibsborough and the city.

Ask detailed questions of the estate agent on this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭johnp

It's supposed to be all on the way.
    Check out their site
    http://www.royalcanalpark.com/site/rcp_main.php

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Oh, they don't tell you on the website that a part of the site(whole site defined as from Ratoath rd upto Ashtown level crossing) has a high level water table plus an underground stream that came to life with a bit of rain.

This part from the Ratoath road heading west upto about a third of the way up the site always got flooded with a normal rain shower, rest of site doesn't have this.
    I used to walk my dog there with the compulsory wellies before the bulldozers moved in!
    Forget about using a car if you move there, you'd be lucky to get out of your new estate with constant jams for a few miles at peak hours at Ratoath Rd end plus at the Ashtown level crossing end assuming you commute southwards, else its freeflow in opposite direction.
    Also be prepared to be sandwiched like a sardine on the rail service(Arrow) at peak times.
    Only good thing is the bus service is a bit decent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Gilgamesh

I live in one of the penthouses in watermint court, which belonged to phase 1.
    IT is a very nice place to live, I do have to admit, and most of the apartments are furnished really well, they offer furniture packages for about 6 grand for the three bedroom, which covers just about everything.

I know from one of the foremen there, that they are currently working on the store where centra is going to be in, which will be in about 1 month latest from now.

Most of the retails units in compass court, were originally reserved, but a lot of the people jumped off, after they noticed that thy didn't have direct access to the waste bins from the shops, and had to walk down through the underground parking to get there, but Centra is back on board again, and the store is the biggest unit of the retail spots available.

Phase three, which is sheduled for next year I think will have the commercial part in it, which will include the shopping center and hotel at the front

In regards to the flooding, I know that pretty much on the western side of the estate is/was affected, but mainly only the footpath by the river, but that doesn't belong to the estate and is therefore not their responsibility to sort out.

I really like living there tbh, and I have a great view from the top of the building, and am also considering buying the Place I m staying in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 325 ✭✭lint316

How many more phases is there gonna be built?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

Wow that's an old post to dig up :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 325 ✭✭lint316

HA! I've no idea how I found this. I wonder if all these people live there now. I presume its all built now :)

I lived there last year. It was horrible . All apartments under the penthouse flooded due to shoddy workmanship. I woke up in a wet bed went into the kitchen and it was flooded too. It took 4 months before they could do anything. Never Never again !!

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭trevorku

I've been offered one of the apartments in the area under the affordable housing. So far from the posts it seems like its good place to live, im going there this morning to suss the area out before I go for the viewing in 2 weeks time. Can any of the residents tell me what shops, facilities are in the area now? Would be greatly appreciated.

I've been told by few people that there are some drunks/anti-social behaviour from people drinking near the bridge of the canal at night time, this does concern me as id have to walk home from the bus at night time, can anyone tell me if thats true and if theres an alterative route to get into the complex that I could avoid the 'hostiles' ? :))

- Trevor

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭dutopia

Any more updates on living in this complex? I've heard of a lot of recent break-ins and skanger activity.

• Advertisement
Advertisement