Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ripwave/Network Cable Unplugged/Zero Bytes Received

Options
  • 13-02-2006 4:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭

My IBB Breeze 1Mb connection has suddenly gone dodge (I have a call logged...)

Previously it pretty much operated itself! Plug in the PoE, crossover to laptop, set the TCP/IP details, and I didn't have a problem for 6 months!

Now... my laptop keeps flicking between "LAN Connected 100Mbps", "Network Cable Unplugged" and "LAN Connected 10Mbps". Even when it finally settles on 10Mbps, the bytes received remains at zero.

All ping requests timeout; including pinging IBB's DNS server.

(I also have a Linksys wireless router, which has no more luck connecting than I do manually).

Nothing in my PC settings have changed. I even did a system restore rollback to the last day it worked, just incase.

When I did the whole "switch it on/off" customer service routine with IBB they said they couldn't contact my radio. But, strangely the problem is only intermittant. It has worked since speaking to them; but then died, again.

I'll know more if I ever get an IBB callout.

Have people heard of this before, and/or know of possible causes/solutions??

[I'm hoping a faulty PoE hasn't fried my laptop's NIC]

Thanks

Advertisement