Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chemical Eng Design Quesion

Options
  • 13-02-2006 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭

Hey guys Im a Chem Eng student and I have this design assignment due soon. I'm just wondering if anyone has some relevant links or suggestions that could help me a long a little. Here's the question:

"Design a knock-out pot for a plant producing acetone. Acetone is produced via catalytic dehydrogenation of isopropanol. Following a gas-phase reaction at 450 C, the reaction mixture is cooled to 90 C in a partial condenser. The two-phase mixture from the condenser is sent to a knock-out drum to seperate the phases at a pressure of 10 bar g."

Basically it then asks to calcuate properties of the shell (thickness, etc.), heads, insulation etc.

Like i said Im stumped and any help offered would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

Advertisement