Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sketchup

Options
  • 13-02-2006 5:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭

Anyone here familiar with SketchUp. I'm trying to convert a photo to a 3d model, but I'm not very good at this :o

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭sharpjaws

i have used that programm b4. what do u want to be in 3d ? might give it a try in 3d max

• Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭columok

I'm doing a masters in landscape architecture at the moment and I use sketchup a lot generally to build models (some really detailed, some simple) from 2d sketchs (plan or elevation).

Maybe go to www.sketchup.com and give the video tutorials a lash? They're pretty clear.

Otherwise... Dump the photo on a top or elevation view (import it into sketchup) and draw off it. Its easy if its a single point perspective or if you're just using the elevation. Otherwise it could be tricky. Might be worth converting the photo into a semi rough paper sketch and scan it in.

What are you trying to model?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

I'm trying to model this case with the correct dimensions. But I'm a complete n00b at this stuff :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭sharpjaws

WizZard wrote:
    I'm trying to model this case with the correct dimensions. But I'm a complete n00b at this stuff :(
    lol :D thats probebly the simplest thing :o i can do it for u in 3d max if u need it ,but if ur trying to lern sketchup i think u should check out the tuts on that site ;)

Advertisement