Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinking of starting sound engineering course

Options
  • 13-02-2006 5:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭

Hi all! Im 24 and have played in bands since the age of 15 but my knowledge of Pro-Tools, Cubase, Logic etc isnt too hot! Ive been contemplating maybe going back to study and maybe the sound enginering course in Pulse, Dublin. Id prefer to go there because Ive recorded in there a few times and I know one or two of the engineers in there and just got a great vibe for the place. Basically, what Im asking is with my limited knowledge of Pro-Tools etc thus far will it be hard for me to adapt straight away to studying in Pulse??

Thanks a lot...:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

No. The C&G part 1 is incredibly straightforward. It's only Part 3 when it gets interesting. I did the 3 years in Pulse and, while it's intersting enough, you get **** all pratical experience and, in my opinion, the practical stuff is where you really learn something useful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭Sunn

go to STC.. much more comprehensive esp if you decided to go into 2nd year there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 800 ✭✭✭dabhoys

I'm in second year in STC and I've had more hands on experience then you can shake a stick at :) Great opportunites in STC if you work at it.

Advertisement