Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ricky Gervais podcasts

• 13-02-2006 7:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭

http://www.guardian.co.uk/rickygervais

check out this link. there are 11 podcasts by ricky gervais (the office, extras). its just 3 guys in a studio waffling on about sh!t. topics include: verbiage on the vermiform appendix, horological considerations for interstellar pioneers, monkey news, and the very funny karls diary!
    there half an hour long each and they help to pass a boring day in the office.
    karl is by far the funniest guy on it, and it is scarey when you start to agree with some of his mad theories!
    hopefully other comedians will jump on the podcast thing and hopefully it will be free too!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭radioman

I'm going against the grain here because I know they're quite popular but I listened to a couple if them and thought they were dire

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭ivan087

radioman wrote:
    I'm going against the grain here because I know they're quite popular but I listened to a couple if them and thought they were dire

i can see why some people wouldnt really like it, but ive been listening in work for the past few days and im just p!ssing myself laughing. most of the office are listening to it now. it takes a few listens - try episode 11. some classic theories in it, especially from karl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭SCULLY

if you like the podcasts check out xfm's wbe site - they have approx 6 hours to download of gervais/merchand/pilkington from a show they did last year. - very similar format as the pod cast (monkey news, take piss out of karl etc)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

I can only find "episodes" 8-11 on the original link, anyone know of a site with the rest? Karl Pilkington is my hero.

It's now the most downloaded podcast in history, averaging 261,000 per week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Pilkington's diary is too funny for words.
    I can only find episodes 8-11 too.

• Advertisement

SCULLY wrote:
    if you like the podcasts check out xfm's wbe site - they have approx 6 hours to download of gervais/merchand/pilkington from a show they did last year. - very similar format as the pod cast (monkey news, take piss out of karl etc)

Also, any chance of a link to this? I've been googling for ages and been on the XFM site and all to no avail. Cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

How hard did you look?
    Seriously? :)

I googled for XFM and Gervais, and got the following page:

http://www.xfm.co.uk/article.asp?id=3673

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

had a listen to 2 of those podcasts last week. not very good at all. i hear they will be charging for them soon

surprise surprise :rolleyes:

Well I thought they were hilarious, and it seems 250,000 people agree with me each week...

Each to their own of course, but making people laugh cannot be a bad thing.

Mossy Monk wrote:
    had a listen to 2 of those podcasts last week. not very good at all. i hear they will be charging for them soon

fair play to them for not charging for a whole season, cant blame em for wanting to make a buck. by the way episode 12 is up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Mossy Monk wrote:

:eek: Couldn't disagree more. ...and what's wrong with a professional looking for a pay check? One whole season for free. FREE. That's pretty sound.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

I have all the episodes, but haven't bothered listening to episodes 8 - 12, I kind of lost interest after a few episodes of them just slagging Karl; it was funny but it got pretty stupid after a while, it was obvious that he was either making things up or they were just using his mental deficiencies for sport.

I won't be paying for them when they start charging; while I understand that it's an acceptable move for a businessman to make it's still annoying; I always saw this podcast as the first real mainstream move into the media, I'm starting to wonder if the first free series was all part of the plan.

I wold be interested to see how many people sign up though; any more than 100,000 would be amazing IMO.

flogen wrote:
    I have all the episodes, but haven't bothered listening to episodes 8 - 12, I kind of lost interest after a few episodes of them just slagging Karl; it was funny but it got pretty stupid after a while, it was obvious that he was either making things up or they were just using his mental deficiencies for sport.

I won't be paying for them when they start charging; while I understand that it's an acceptable move for a businessman to make it's still annoying; I always saw this podcast as the first real mainstream move into the media, I'm starting to wonder if the first free series was all part of the plan.

I wold be interested to see how many people sign up though; any more than 100,000 would be amazing IMO.

well they've reached something like 5 million downloads, so i think a number like 100,000 could be possible.
    it is a pity about the commercilisation of podcasts, but it was always going to happen. its this damned capitalist system we live in:D
    and lastly, i agree, its kinda lost its appeal by the last episode. they've spent all the shows just slagging karl. had they only made this part of the show, i think it would have kept its appeal for much longer.
    i dont think i'll be buying the new podcasts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 897 ✭✭✭oxygen_old

Do you have to download them in one or two MB chunks at that xfm site?

Advertisement