Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

IRL: 2X02 - "Adrift" [**SPOILERS WITHIN**]

• 13-02-2006 7:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭

- WARNING: THIS THREAD WILL CONTAIN SPOILERS FOR THOSE WHO HAVE NOT YET SEEN "ADRIFT" -

Episode Title: "Adrift"
    Airdate: February 13th 2006

Synopsis (from TV.Com):

With the abduction of Walt fresh on their minds and their raft destroyed, Michael, Sawyer and Jin fight for their lives in the middle of nowhere in the ocean and discover a new predator in the roiling sea. Meanwhile on land, Locke must descend into the hatch when one castaway goes missing inside.

Next New Episode: 2X03 - "Orientation" - February 20th 2006

What did you think of "Adrift"? 48 votes

0%
    6%
    SprostonGreeneirebhoyOubliette 3 votes
    10%
    JBoyle4evaBuck Owensregeditim...LOSTShort Stuf 5 votes
    22%
    CrucifixmagickFaithweemcdyom 1skibumgabriellatrishw78SilageAgamemnonkellxor.1337 11 votes
    18%
    Trip HazarddenachomannomeCountryWisecooperguyDiarmsquidEamonnKeanefobsfaigs 9 votes
    14%
    grumpytrousersqzAnaiyeladeisedollyNecronomiconBinkachop^chop 7 votes
    12%
    hallelujajordanSmurphycashbackwexhunFuzzy_Dunlopmambo 6 votes
    8%
    super_furrysnickerpussBaldiebiko 4 votes
    6%
    EarthhorsejoejoemMerrick 3 votes
    0%

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

OK all, the episode discussion threads should be back on schedule now!

Enjoy the episode tonight, all ye in terrestrial telly-land!

Oh.... and by the way Sandals.. a her? Whatever gave you that idea! :confused::D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

What did one snowman say to the other ? Freeze !

Wasn't that the joke the nurse told michael when he was in hospital thinking what to write in his card to walt ???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭satchmo

What's with the people at the ad breaks going on about stuff like "the island is a biosphere", and "the other have been subjected to a chemical agent" and all that crap?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

It was just over now the episode. Interesting, but defintly not as good as the first

They took a weird approach in showing what we saw last week but from a different point of view. It didn't answer as much as I would have hoped it to

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭weemcd

good episode, not as good as last weeks but pretty fúckin sweet.

why the FúCK WAS THERE THE HEXAGONAL LOGO ON THE SHARK. OR AM I SEEING THINGS?

if my eyes dont decieve me the shark had the exact same logo on it that desmond had on his overalls and the food in the hatch. another security device??!?!?!??!/!/

lost makes my bloddy head spin. Everyone elses thoughts?

gave it an 8 because it was brilliant aside from the acting on the raft, progressed way to slow and was quite poor imo.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Smurfpiss

What did one snowman say to the other ? Freeze !

Wasn't that the joke the nurse told michael when he was in hospital thinking what to write in his card to walt ???

no that was "what's black, white, and red all over? a penguin with a sunburn"

much speculation has been made as to the answer....most people say "do you smell carrots?"
    and nope it never featured before in lost.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭satchmo

Woah well spotted weemcd, I was watching out for it and still couldn't see it!

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭nome

i saw it too, taught i was seein thing and bein paranoid! even went and checked my copy of the episode too but it was too dark to see it!

why's it on the shark?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Just felt like filler to me. Nothing special aside from the last 30 seconds.

nome wrote:
    i saw it too, taught i was seein thing and bein paranoid! even went and checked my copy of the episode too but it was too dark to see it!

why's it on the shark?

the shark has to be a security device akin to lostzilla ran by the others.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Just felt like filler to me. Nothing special aside from the last 30 seconds.
    I concur. Nothing really exciting happened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

weemcd wrote:
    the shark has to be a security device akin to lostzilla ran by the others.

I hope that's not a spoiler to future episodes !!

nah man, tonite on rte is as far as i had seen, but come on thats some freaky sh!t. also, did anyone think that in exodus part 2 there was a suspicious object in the water, i dont think it could have been the boar with the others. must have been lostjaws (ill get my coat)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

I wasn't overly thrilled with that episode.
    It was pretty much last weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

yeah it wasnt the best episode imo, nothin much really seemed to happen. i wish they would do it like last seasn and show two episodes at a time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭yom 1

I thought the episode was alright - was glad to see what actually happened to Kate and Locke down the hatch. I just hope that the whole season is not like the first 2 episodes in that it shows whats happening one group one week and then shows what happens another group of survivors at the same time the following week. I do understand though that this had to be done as there was too much happening in the final episode of the last series.

Was wondering if
    Jin would show up at any stage but was suprised to see him running from the Others. Also how come he was tied up - Was he saved by the others or did he drift ashore to there part of the island

ps. Best part of the episode was Kate crawling through the vent:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭joejoem

This episode annoyed me. It established nothing. We were left last week in almost the exact same position. Ok, we saw how Michael and Sawyer got off the raft adn ladned on the beach but this could/should have been summed up in 5 mins of footage and would have been just as good. Its pretty much the only thing I watch on telly these days (religously) but I will be dropping off it if it continues like this.

On a posotive, did anyone notice that Walt was given a polar bear by Michael when Michael was saying goodbye to him (in the past...)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Boo-oring!

A whole episode just to show us that Mike gave Walt a polar bear er, bear, as a parting gift and that Desmond keys in the numbers to the computer.

Whoop-ti-do!

I could've done without the buddy film that was Sawyer and Mike on the raft as well. Mike is just annoying but thankfully Sawyer is as surly as ever.

The symbol on Desmond's jacket, and the wall, and the shark, looks similar to a chinese Pak Qua, if I remember my Kung Fu correctly. But I think the Pak Qua has eight sides and the symbol has only six. Googling for Pak Qua doesn't give much info either I'm afraid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

I gave it an eight I did spot the symbol on the shark, I did spot the polar bear. and that was about itthe best part was seeing jin running from the others and then seeing them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭Baldie

yom 1 wrote:
    ps. Best part of the episode was Kate crawling through the vent:p

I AGREE!!!!!!

This episode annoted me as well... It was the same as last week and gave us everything we pretty much already knew...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 661 ✭✭✭CountryWise

The pace of it was way too slow, the raft part got a bit annoying as it had no real significance and could have been summed up in a few minutes, we basically knew Walts story already too.
    I thought the Hatch part was really good though, its clear desmond was assuming the world outside should be either destroyed or contaminated completely, he asks" is there a world out there still"??? and also..." how many of the 43 are ill"??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Weird episode, nothing was developed on the Desmond story :(
    Those people chasing Jin at the end, bet those aren't The Others. They're prolly the survivors of the tail end of the plane

trishw78 wrote:
    I gave it an eight I did spot the symbol on the shark, I did spot the polar bear. and that was about itthe best part was seeing jin running from the others and then seeing them

It looked a bit too like the lucozade add for my liking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

weemcd wrote:

I saw that too, weird. You'd have to wonder if its a mechanical shark.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

weemcd wrote:

But when Mike shot it blood came out. I saw the logo too, but I got confused by it and promptly put it out of my mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭fobs

Wow - didn't notice the hexagonal thingy at all! Did spot the polar bear given to Walt alright. CAn't get the music out of my head that was playing down the hatch - Make your own kind of music.....
    Was good alright - gave it a 7 - but not as good as last week and prefer the double episodes.
    Also did you notice all the markings on the wall of how long the quy was down the hatch yet the chocolate that was stored seemd to be in date enough for Kate to eat it....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Short Stuf

fobs wrote:
    Wow - didn't notice the hexagonal thingy at all! Did spot the polar bear given to Walt alright. CAn't get the music out of my head that was playing down the hatch - Make your own kind of music.....
    Was good alright - gave it a 7 - but not as good as last week and prefer the double episodes.
    Also did you notice all the markings on the wall of how long the quy was down the hatch yet the chocolate that was stored seemd to be in date enough for Kate to eat it....
    Well yeah but as far as I know chocolate keeps for a very long time.

I almost died at the end when Jin an co. saw the Others and then it just went all black. I was like "Don't go to the credits, don't go to the cre- NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!"
    I mean they didn't need the 5 second pause.....

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Merrick

fobs wrote:

Well, after weeks of no chocolate I don't think she would have thought about the sell by date...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

Short Stuf wrote:
    I almost died at the end when Jin an co. saw the Others and then it just went all black. I was like "Don't go to the credits, don't go to the cre- NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!"

Yeah, I did that too, same as last week.

Also whoever mentioned about just before and after the ads, people talking about the theories, I'm sick of that already.

• Advertisement

Slurms wrote:
    But when Mike shot it blood came out. I saw the logo too, but I got confused by it and promptly put it out of my mind.

are you 100% sure it was blood it may have been some gear fliud or mechanical fluid of some sort.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭kellxor.1337

Short Stuf wrote:
    Well yeah but as far as I know chocolate keeps for a very long time.

I h8 when they do that, I was Screaming at the TV "Dont be finished, Dont be finished" I wonder are the others the people who fell out of the plane at the start, There's so many Questions, And that markin on the shark really freaked me out, I'm almost certain i seen some numbers on the shark, But it went to quickly, And I thought Jin was Dead, Was chuffed when i seen him on the island, I h8 having to wait a week to see the next episode, But i wouldnt D/L Lost, I got as far as episode 16 of Battle star galactica but I'm gonna wait for Lost

Kellxor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭fobs

I thought my observation about the chololate was important !!! Where would he have gotten all the food and what was his energy source - to power the lights? Anyway..
    Keep thinking they are all dead as Desmond had said to Jack last week - see you in another life - and then here he is again! Very strange. hope that is not the case.

It reminds me a bit of twin peaks in its stangeness but that ended so bably don't want LOST to go down that route.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

The name of the track is Mamma Cass - Make your own kind of music,
    sometimes she goes under the name Elliot Cass, she is affilated with the Mamma's and the Pappa's. I have it at home and i have been belting it out all week, i feel very gay but hey....:) ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 950 ✭✭✭EamonnKeane

What does everyone think the countdown was about? And i'm sure most of you noticed it reset to 108 (the sum of the numbers).

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭kellxor.1337

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Centineary Post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I did notice the countdown but what was it at before it reset to 108, And that would make a lot of sense actually if they were all dead, I've only thought about it once but i didnt think that would be worth the story line,

Kellxor

• Advertisement

I thought it was reset higher than that looks like I was wrong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Silage

I thought the episode was pretty good. It asked lot more questions than it asked that is for sure. The shark was obviuosly put there bye whatever the symbol represents to stop people gettin off the island.

As for the first episode what was desmond injecting himself with in the arm at the start when the hatch was blown. And what is all them machines in the hatch doin. The recording machines.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

Earthhorse is right, the symbol is smilar to the Pak Qua, if I remember my kung fu. The symbols around the side are I Ching hexagrams (or possibly trigrams, I can't recall). I didn't notice it on the shark though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

It was like it was branded, as if it belonged to the island. Probably another part of the security system.
    I thought it was a good episode, although I felt a little disappointed at the time that instead of continuing on with the story that they showed us what happened in the first episode from another perspective. I thought it was well done though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭im...LOST

I saw the freaky shark too.

I also reckon that we can judge how long Desmond has been down the hatch by finding out what year that song came out.If it was a hit when he went down then then mayde he took it with him or was given it or......

• Advertisement

im...LOST wrote:
    I saw the freaky shark too.

I also reckon that we can judge how long Desmond has been down the hatch by finding out what year that song came out.If it was a hit when he went down then then mayde he took it with him or was given it or......

But he met Jack a few years back. That song is ancient

• Closed Accounts Posts: 661 ✭✭✭CountryWise

I remember the very first episode when it showed the trees being crushed, i assume whatever he executed was something to do with that, its like a defence mechanism for the island!
    As for the power on the island there is....remember Sayid following the power cable in the first series he followed it to the french woman, not sure who's picking up the bill though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Lorax

lol n00bs I am on episode 14 :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Lorax wrote:
    OMFG..... :eek:

... i worship you!

Let me have you babies.... puh-lease! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Now thats sarcasm. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭grumpytrousers

Aye - Jack wouldn't have been born when that tune came out. Mamma Cass died in the late 60's - choked on a ham sandwich*

*choking on a ham sandwich may be urban myth, along with Bob Holness (from blockbusters) playing saxaphone on Baker St by Gerry Rafferty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

Originally Posted by Lorax
    lol n00bs I am on episode 14

someone trying to show off their epenis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

Watching the repeat today(It wasn't on purpose, I was at work and I switched it on while it was quiet) dosen't it seem odd that all the food stored down there hasn't remotely gone off, as Kate shows when she steals some chocolate bars?

Either this is miracle food or he gets regular deliveries from FedEx. :)

JBoyle4eva wrote:
    Watching the repeat today(It wasn't on purpose, I was at work and I switched it on while it was quiet) dosen't it seem odd that all the food stored down there hasn't remotely gone off, as Kate shows when she steals some chocolate bars?

Either this is miracle food or he gets regular deliveries from FedEx. :)

or food is delivered the others who have access to a boat?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 791 ✭✭✭fightin irish

Lorax wrote:

well whoopdy dooo daaa so am i and half of these good lost fans so shup outta tha.....and go back to school.

• Advertisement
Advertisement