Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Post from the UK

• 13-02-2006 8:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

I bought a phone off ebay last week.

According to the seller it was posted last Tuesday from Manchester.

He has a very good feedback.

I'm living in Waterford and it still hasn't arrived (Mon 13th Feb)...should I be getting worried??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

not really.. The postal service really is this bad.
    Surely it was sent via registered post..or some tracking numbers... you paid for some sort of insurance... riiiight?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

I got a package from the UK in 3 days so I would be worried. Did he give you a Royal Mail tracking number??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Cal

Things from the uk can take a week or upto a month. Twice I had to wait a month for EBay items from the UK and was not the sellers fault. Just unlucky I guess. Things on the other hand from the USA are generally quicker.

It's way too early to worry.

Cal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Find out what method of post he sent the phone, as said it should have a royal mail tracking number or something you can figure out where its got to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,381 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Stuff I send to Dublin takes about 8 days to get there. I would wait until later in the week before getting onto the sellers case

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Hi

You can start asking question to the seller if you don't get it in a couple of weeks, but you could be lucky and get it in 3 days or unlucky a take 2 or 3 weeks.

I order something from Amazon and took nearly 2 weeks to get here from the day it was posted, I also won something on eBay last week and arrived today, still waiting for 2 other parcels that were posted about 2 weeks ago.

Regards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭andrew1977

Hi
    I bought an e-bay item last week, seller told me she posted it on Tuesday 7th February,it arrived on friday 10th, i couldnt believe it that it came that soon
    Other online stuff which i bought in the u.k in the past few months took approx 2 weeks to arrive
    But the postal service does seem to have improved a bit..but can be hit and miss

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Cal wrote:
    Things from the uk can take a week or upto a month.

I have waited 6 weeks before. Other times 3 days. Very poor service considering the usually very good service from the US

Advertisement