Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bit comet-faster download speed

• 13-02-2006 8:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Can somebody help me.I am using bit comet but download speeds are very poor.
    the peers are coming up as local,when it should say network.Not sure which ports toopen up to help me receive the best speeds.THe wireless modem i use is netopia 3347.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭leche solara

What speeds are you getting?
    Where does it say that the peers are local?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Ringo6

Check out www.portforward.com. It has most modems and applications and shows you how to set it up.

Forgot to mention that, when I was setting up my 3341, I had to change the firewall options to Low to get port forwarding to work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭rocky

you only need to forward 1 port, the one in Preferences (you can choose a random one), and then, if it works, some peers will show up as 'Remote', and some as 'Local'.

Remember to forward the port to the IP address that your computer is using (if you have more than one in the local network)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

on UTorrent I maxed out my 300KB/s on it, I find torrents work well on my connection

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭OFDM

I read somewhere tha Bitcomet gets banned by many trackers/seeders/peers because it doesn't automatically seed after downloading, or something like that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 503 ✭✭✭OMcGovern

Jakkass wrote:
    on UTorrent I maxed out my 300KB/s on it, I find torrents work well on my connection

Hi, fellow Lucan resident.....

just for your information, I have PeerGuardian2 installed on my machine, as well as ZoneAlarm. PeerGuardian2 is a firewall for P2P, to block any companies or agencies against P2P. When I attempt to go to the uTorrent web site, PeerGuardian2 blocks it, with a log file message of "utorrent.com works for anti-p2p RetSpan"

With my paranoid tinfoil hat on, they could potentially be logging everything you download, if they include spyware in uTorrent.

regards,
    Owen

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭DinoBot

Check out the link below to get info on increasing your speed

http://torrentfreak.com/speed-up-your-torrents/

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

just tried the tips on that site and my speeds have deffo improved!

Advertisement