Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Driving Test

Options
  • 13-02-2006 8:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭

Hi all,

i've a provisional and my test is coming up soon. if i want to use my own car, do I need to turn up with a fully qualified driver in the car with me?

because, technically if i drive im supposed to have a fully qualified driver there all the time... would i fail i didnt have one with me ???

anyone done it recently ???

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

If I remember correctly, for my test, I had arranged a lesson for the hour before the test and my instructor accompanied me to the test center afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Bogger77

I was never asked who drove the car to the center and who would be driving it home afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,042 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Me neither! Most of the centres are beside shops etc - you could just say they were around the corner ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Don't worry about it, they're not bothered about that. All they care about is your quality of driving while theyre in the car

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

because, technically if i drive im supposed to have a fully qualified driver there all the time... would i fail i didnt have one with me ???
    No. Technically the tester cannot mark you on your driving conduct before or after the test is finished.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭gerrycollins

is it your first or second licence and anyways they only test you on what u do when they in ur car good luck mate

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭DonnieBrasco

cheers all.

this test has me head.wrrrrrrrrecked !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭rsta

yeah i was on my 3rd provisional and turned up at the test on my own, no questions asked at all by the instructer on whether i had been accompanied.

hey good luck wiht the test donniebrasco, let us know how u get on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

Quick q: I did my test last june/ july and im due to do one nxt wk. Can ne 1 tell me if anything has changed since then?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,042 ✭✭✭✭tk123

cheers all.

this test has me head.wrrrrrrrrecked !

Don't let it wreck your head dude - it's just a stupid piece-of-p**s 30 min test!! Honestly - I had myself in a state and thats why I failed! I made stupid mistake cos I was so freaked out that cost me the test! I was so relieved afterwards even thou I failed cos it was over - my mum thought I'd passed when I came into the house with a big grin on my face from the relief.:v: :v: :v: It was only 30 mins for the whole thing - in the centre and in the car.. When I take it again I'll be way more relaxed ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭spartacus93

stepbar wrote:
    Quick q: I did my test last june/ july and im due to do one nxt wk. Can ne 1 tell me if anything has changed since then?

AFAIK Feb 05 was the last change, check the website to be sure. I think it is www.drivingtest.ie or something like that. Good luck, let us know how you get on.

Advertisement