Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Fastest way To Text?

• 13-02-2006 8:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 37

personally i have been using T9 (if you don't know: http://www.textfast.t9.com/index1.htm ) for text messaging recently, but i know that there are some people who still use the manual way to text people. what do you use? and which is faster?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

t9 is considerably faster. the word sorry takes 5 button presses with it and 17 without (assuming you press right rather than wait between the r's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

I used to use T9 but sometimes the words I wanted didnt come out right and then i'd send them without reading the message, with manual at least if only one letter is corrupted you can still make out what the word is.
    If were not taking this into account though, yeah T9 is probably faster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

i use 02 sms for office outlook, sends them via the internet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I use T9. It learns new words, so once I type them in once, they're always there. Not big into 'txt spk' anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

T9 is the one that comes on Sony Ericson phones right?

because as pythia says the way it learns new words is genius.

although i'm not much of a "texter" - i tend to spell words right - i find T9 better than the way you text on nokia phones

• Advertisement

t9 is another name for predictive text. its not just sony ericssons

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

t9 is another name for predictive text. its not just sony ericssons

ohh right, well i love the way SE's can save words, as far as i can remember my 6600 couldn't save words

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

T9 is much faster. Mind you if your not careful you could ask your mates if they are going for a riot instead of a pint!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

crosstownk wrote:
    T9 is much faster. Mind you if your not careful you could ask your mates if they are going for a riot instead of a pint!!!

Have done that several times! "fancy a riot on Friday night?" :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

depending on the type of person it means the same thing :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

Cremo wrote:
    ohh right, well i love the way SE's can save words, as far as i can remember my 6600 couldn't save words

as far as i know all phones with T9 save words

crosstownk wrote:
    you could ask them to go for a shot too

if you want to type the word cock, anal comes up first :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Is there anyway to see or edit what words the T9 saves? I have a 6680 and it keeps deleting words on me, can get quiet annoying when you're cursing in a text and it keeps going ducking and then spell!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

you could ask them to go for a shot too

if you want to type the word cock, anal comes up first :D
    Trust you to work that one out :D

Personally I find typing via webtext or MyPhoneExplorer the fastest ways to text .. followed by T9 :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Farcear

Yeah, I started using predictive text (pfft, T9) last year and now that's all I ever use. It can get quite annoying when a word comes up that isn't recognised in the dictionary, but all that does is slow you down to the speed of manual texting.

It's a great development for us txtppl!

In feact one of the best things about T9 is that ppl cnt txt like dis nemore. They have to use PROPER english. :)

I also use T9, the speed I can text at is crazy. The only stumbling block is that the 6680's buttons are a little too small so I have to be more careful.

I can type faster on Motorola flip phones, especially the V525/550, but the phone has trouble keeping up with me! :D So that's the stumbling block with those.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 psychooys

Ya its sorta fun to see what random words you scroll through when using T9, the cock and anal things is pretty funny :P

Advertisement