Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

got digiweb wireless today,how do i access the internet.

• 13-02-2006 8:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 623 ✭✭✭

hi got digiweb wireless today installed but i,m having trouble setting it up on my laptop,my laptop has wireless built in.
    is there settings or sumthing i need to set up?.
    have a 4 port ethernet router here that the installed,plugged cable from router in to my pc,but its first time ever to get in to bb and don,t what way to set it up would really appreciate advice and help thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

We had the same problem. The router was set up but the computer wasn't. You have to do a few things I think but firstly do you have a dialup connection already set up on the laptop?

When you mentioned the PC do you mean the laptop? Because the router digiweb give wireless customers doesn't have the wireless transmitter that your laptop can use. You'll need to buy a "wireless router" to use the wireless in your laptop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

The OP says he has a 4 port router. Digiweb Metro don't supply any router.
    I don't know aboput Digiwib FWA though.

The router must have its WAN port set for DHCP and connected to the Digiweb modem.

He's on FWA then because Digiweb gave us a 4 port router too on the day of the install but the guy didn't fix up the computer. I'm on FWA.

It must be set for PPPoE. The router should already be configured with all the settings and password and stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 623 ✭✭✭hawker27

yes digiweb wireless,its a di-604 ethernet bb router.i have a cable plugged in to laptop and router

Right, I presume you're on dialup at the moment if you're posting here:)

Is the computer properly connected to the router? In the address bar of Internet Explorer or whatever you use to surf the 'net type 192.168.0.1. Then type in "admin" into the password box and leave the username blank.

If a "D-link" webpage shows up, then that's most of the work done. Go to http://www.digiweb.ie/support/ and click on Airspan Connections 3.7 Ghz. It's very helpful for setting up the internet on your PC. I found it after I had set it up myself:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

to be confirmed thanks for ur input and advice,i,m up and running now.
    quite impressed with it,beats bloody dial up anyway.

I'm glad it's working. PM me if you need a hand with anything else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭laoisfan

hawker27 wrote:
    hi got digiweb wireless today installed .....

do u mind telling how long it took DIGIWEB to come to install (from the time you placed the order until the came out) ?

i live about 2.5 miles from Rathdowney, Laois and they recently started to provide wireless broadband there. i placed the order on the 17JAN last and have not heard a thing since. i am tempted to call and see what the hold up in but am also tempted to leave it run (say 2 months or so :) ) and see will they ever call me!!

at the moment i am still using my EIRCOM ISDN line.

--laoisfan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Why not ring and get a progress on it?

i was only waiting 3 weeks or so mate,but mine was installed by local people here.probaly would still be waiting for installation if it was down to digiweb installers.

• Advertisement

no bother to be confirmed thanks mate.

Advertisement