Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Help needed re change of ownership form

Options
  • 13-02-2006 8:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭

Hi lads,

I bought a new car from a garage but I'm giving it back tomorrow as I'm not happy. The garage are giving me back my old car, but have since sent off the registration cert to have it changed into their own name temporarily (holding, I believe it's called).

My question is, when I get my old car changed out of the garages name and back into my own, will this add another owner onto the car or can the garage contact the Vehicle Registration Office and explain the situation and have the car reverted to it's previous owner (i.e. me)?

Thanks,
    Justin.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

you need to ring Ben Coady in the Vehicle Registration Unit in Shannon, phone number 061 365000

explain what happened, and they will issue you with a new VLC showing the correct number of owners

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭trant

Thanks for the reply Colm. Do I need to do this before or after I receive the new VLC from the tax office (after the garage process the change of owner on my old car back into my name)?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

don't let them change the ownership back to your name, they have done an RF105, and not actually sent your licensing cert anywhere - temporarily putting the car in their name,

The VRU can probably take the garage owning the car off their system, meaning you may not have to send the form back at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭trant

Ah right, so get the garage to contact the VRU in Shannon themselves?

Advertisement