Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

possible problem with eircom?

• 13-02-2006 9:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭

so we signed up for eircom home STARTER and recieved the netopia wifi modem connected at 2MBPS/256KB thought was grand because of upgrades phone bill thismornign €50 for bb and epuiment said home plus on bill so i chack my cap amnd it was 20GB but shouldmnt i be getting 3MB/387KB if its home plus

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭Redshift

Seems correct for the Home Plus Package.
    eircom broadband home plus
    • Monthly subscription €39.99 (inc. VAT).
    • Monthly downstream / upstream speeds: 2MB downstream and 256k upstream.*
    • Monthly megabyte allowance: 20 GB download and unlimited upload.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

weeder wrote:
    so we signed up for eircom home STARTER and recieved the netopia wifi modem connected at 2MBPS/256KB thought was grand because of upgrades phone bill thismornign €50 for bb and epuiment said home plus on bill so i chack my cap amnd it was 20GB but shouldmnt i be getting 3MB/387KB if its home plus

Was that a monthly bill or twice a month? I signed up for home starter, €29.99 and 10Gb cap. That was grand, when I set it up I got home starter plus for €39.99 a month and 20GB cap. I rang Eircom up about this, and they said that I had been put on a promotion and that I would only be charged €29.99 a month. They were right that was all I was charged. But they said to ring back before the start of March and downgrade to the normal package. I wonder if I don't ring back would I still get 2mb BB for €29.99.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

weeder wrote:

The Eircom Bb products are detailed here: http://www.eircom.ie/cgi-bin/bvsm/bveircom/bladerunner/showContent.jsp?BV_SessionID=@@@@0109993442.1139861907@@@@&BV_EngineID=cccgaddgmkegmjgcefeceiedffndffg.0&cid=BroadbandWhatProductIsForMeRes&chanId=-536883915

The home starter was previously 1Mb and 128 down and cost 39.99.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

dub45 wrote:
    The home starter was previously 1Mb and 128 down and cost 39.99.

The home starter now is 1Mb down and 128 up, it costs €29.99.
    The home starter plus is 2Mb down and 256 up, it costs €39.99.

Eircom told me that they put me on a promotional offer and I was to ring up and downgrade to Home Starter (the one I ordered) before the begining of March. Maybe that is what happened you. But it does not explain the bill, ring up and complain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

nah im meant to be on 2MB for 40 euro the packages changed with the aspeed upgrades the thing was i was charged €50(*49.99) its probably because of the engineer who paid a visit get this right it was all set up good rang custo care multiple time due to no dsl sync tryed every setup imaginable tillthey said right we will send an engineeer i had it set properly! so i had the RJ 11 plugged into my 56k that night to use dialup left it in next morning when im in school engineer comes and plugs the rj11 back into mr netopia and it works so he blames me for wiring it wrong my god i was pissed when i got home!

• Advertisement
Advertisement