Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Life After Death?

Options
  • 13-02-2006 9:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭

Do you Believe in Life after Death?
    If you could also state Why?

Do You believe in Life after Death? 14 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    78% 11 votes
    Not sure yet
    21% 3 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭larryone

I have my doubts you'll get that many people answering no to that one. (considering where you posted it)
    I believe in life after death, but I also believe in reincarnation - in a way.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Moved to Spirituality

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Suff

Yes I do believe in life after death.
    I believe that the soul never dies it lives forever as its energy.
    As a Muslim I believe that there are three worlds, the current one we are in now, the after life and finally the judgment day.

I dont believe in reincarnation, but what did you mean Larryone by {in a way} ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

I dont think I do. I cant see the balance between eternal life and what exactly? Nor can I see the balance between brief life and eternal death.

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Suff

I dont think I do. I cant see the balance between eternal life and what exactly? Nor can I see the balance between brief life and eternal death.

The goal of this life (IMO) is to become a better human being, for your family, friends, other people and even animals. all of that contribute to the writing of your book of life. the last chapter in that book will be closed that min you die.

I dont believe when you die, you just die. the soul moves into another world for a set time (dont know how long) until the day of judgment where every soul will be judged for it's work (Book of life) where ech soul is accounted for every work, action it did in life.
    If you did well,.. into Heaven for eternity or incase it was poor then it's eternity in Hell.

that would be the last journey for the soul.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭joseph dawton

I too believe in an afterlife, I see the soul as indestructable, we just change from a physical form to another form of energy. Nothing in this universe is ever destroyed it just changes from matter to energy or from one form of energy to another. As a druid i believe is the transmigration of souls, a belief also in common with the ancient Greeks.

Our next incarnation of the soul will be dictated by the quality of life we live here - we will reap what we have sown. How many times death takes place from one dimension to another I cannot say however I think that we will ultimately return to God the source of the universe, maybe when we have reached a higher state of consciousness or maybe be not until the universe itself collapses and ends.

Quoting Chief Seattle “There is no death, only a change of worlds.”

http://www.electricpublications.com

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

It would be great to not beieve in an afterlife hen if I was really frunk I could commit the most atrocious act I possibly could, commit suicide and not give adamn as it woudn't matter.

I just hope there are a lot of believers....

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

It would be great to not beieve in an afterlife hen if I was really frunk I could commit the most atrocious act I possibly could, commit suicide and not give adamn as it woudn't matter.
    So the only thing that keeps you from doing that is fear of an afterlife? Curious.

I've seen nothing to suggest that there is an afterlife except the teachings of humans - none of whom have experienced it. I hope there is an one, but hope isn't belief (for me at least).

Advertisement