Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eurogames Goty review

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

PC version, you mean?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

European/Pal same difference.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

the review score was by one person that did not vote it as goty
    still want it myself, haven't read the review yet...though i did read the ntsc review

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

A review is generally one person’s view, not the view of everyone who works at the publication.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

But to give it Goty and then an okish review, smacks of oh we want to be different and not pick re4/Gow like everyone else did.

I have the " Ntsc" PC version since it came out and they reviewed it then and gave it 10. Now it gets released over here and its an 8 and not many people would have played it since.

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

well if it previously got 10, then someone else reviewed it. i thought the previous one was a console review though (2 reviews on the same format?). theres a strange vibe on that site about this game
    EG is either on their books or they really want this to sell because it strikes a personal chord with them, and well its depressing when you look at the **** that does sell well

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

The review is an opinion of one member of EG, the GOTY was voted by all of them. I'm not suprised they don't match up.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

NTSC PC version? What?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

In other words the imported PC version. Thus the "" around NTSC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

KdjaC wrote:
    But to give it Goty and then an okish review, smacks of oh we want to be different and not pick re4/Gow like everyone else did.
    kdjac

I must say that out of RE4 and Psychonauts I prefer the latter, much more charm (although the RE series isn't known for its charm). I don't think that EG is trying to snubb RE in anyway. It's easy to think that seeing as everyone procliamed it as GOTY. If I had my choice Psychonauts would be at the top as well. They probably just don't want to see such great games go unnoticed!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Jimi-Spandex

God I love that game.

I suppose if you grew up with those Tim Schafer games for Lucasarts you will recognise his sense of humour and feel a pang of nostalgia playing Psychonauts. That is certainly the case with me and may be the case with some of the EG reviewers who voted it GOTY.

As for the game only getting an 8/10 this time around, I suppose everyone has a different opinion. It's not perfect, it does have some platformy niggles. But I'm not too bothered by that given that it's really funny, has a great soundtrack and some of the levels are absolutely mental.

It does kind of seem like different for the sake of it voting it GOTY, but games with this much humour and personality are rare these days. And it's all round production is ace.

Advertisement