Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National Intermediates and Masters, with photos

• 13-02-2006 2:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 426 ✭✭

Was down at the national intermediate in Cork yesterday. Alan McCormack of DSD was 1st with Mark Ryan of Rathfarnham second. Not sure who was third. The one rediciulos thing was that only 60 people finished, not many more entered. There was 6 Teams in the inter-club race; 5 teams from Dublin and North Laois. I really can not believe that every club in cork has no athletes of intermediate status. No clubs from Munster entering a team either??

What has happened to the intermediate grade?? Has it been devauled by the masters and the novice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 jogger

Some photos from the events at Carraig na bhFear are up on http://www.cowzer.com/athletics :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Freedomfighter

Athletics in Ireland over the past 5 to 10 years has slowly diminished. I remember a time when Santry stadium would be packed out to watch the up and coming stars.
    I seen the Leinsters Qualifications in santry wood and i have to say on every level it was bad. It was a slow race for an extremily easy course. I run it everyday myself.
    What happens here is (and i cant really blame them) our running stars get offers from abroad from universitys and they go but cant compete there and end up getting there degrees or what not and thats that.
    Im afraid if things dont change and fast it will only get worse for Irish athletics

Advertisement