Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metro Down?

• 13-02-2006 10:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭

hi all,

got metro on friday - after initial config all was going swimmingly well but since last night my internet connection has not been working.

the phone service is working fine which suggests the aerial is working correctly.

after rebooting both my pc and the modem it takes an age for an IP to be assigned to the pc and then i get a "limited or no connectivity" bubble in xp.

also just running "ipconfig" from the command line i can see i only have my autoconfig IP "164.254.XXX.XXX" and the usual subnet mask. There is no default gateway or connection specific DNS.

i've tried a second laptop plugged in to the ethernet connection and tried the usb connection but to no avail.

anyone had similar problems?

i'm tearing me hair out here!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 449 ✭✭Airblazer

where r u based??? seems to be running ok in limerick if a small bit sluggish

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭ct_roy

sorry - left that out - i'm in ballinteer, dublin - think im off the 3rock

also, i cant get to the default modem config page at http://192.168.100.1/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

have you your modem just connected directly?

otherwise go to start-- connect to--- Show all connections--- right click Local area connection then click on Properties, scroll down to internet protocol (TCP/IP), double click on that and make sure the obtain ip address and DNS automatically radio buttons are clicked, then save all, unplug the modem and reconnect with the ethernet cable still connected to your laptop.

BTW, there is all lights on on your modem meaning that it looks like this

OO-OOOO

or with one of the last two flashing.

Advertisement