Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Eddie Guerrero Autobiography

• 13-02-2006 11:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭

I read it about 3 weeks ago and forgot to post somthing about it. Its a really good book and would recommend it to really anyone actually, tracking his professional and personal life. Its not an easy read given whats happened and some of the problems in his life but as everyone knows his life was a remarkable story. I think the two things that struck me throughout the book was its honesty and his faith. Anyway I just thought I'd post somthing postive about it in case people had been wavering whether or not to buy it. I'd highly recommend it.

Plus all proceeds go to his family.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭yak_kadafi

whats the name of the book?ill try get it in the next week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Its called Cheating Death Stealing Life- The Eddie Guererro story. Heres a link to it on amazon http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0743493532/qid=1139871478/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_2_1/026-7975619-3229219

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

It's called Cheating Death, Stealing Life: The Eddie Guerrero Story, isn't it? I was lookin for it a few weeks ago, but I dont think it was out then. Picked up Freddy Blassie's book, really really good book, very funny, anyone with any appreciation for wrestling would probably enjoy it. So is Eddie's book in the shops now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭the sunbabe wan

probably buy it when i go over to the states.... its one book that i really want to read....

thank you vince for the review ;)

I just checked the easons site. Its listed there so I assume it should be in at least their main store in town.

I read Freddie Balssies book ages ago. All I can remember was how some of the stories had me shaking my head. He was involved in some crazy crazy stuff. It goes without saying but his era was so different to what it is today. That was a really good book too though.

• Advertisement

I just checked the easons site. Its listed there so I assume it should be in at least their main store in town.

I read Freddie Balssies book ages ago. All I can remember was how some of the stories had me shaking my head. He was involved in some crazy crazy stuff. It goes without saying but his era was so different to what it is today. That was a really good book too though.

yea I read his book and i was cracking myself up...
    so many great stories about how life was on the road.....where they drove for days to get to the next show....and the pranks and stuff they did along the way....like someone above said...it really does show how much wrestling has changed.....in the way he talked about life on the road,backstage etc etc etc

**** i cant find it on the eason site..how much is it priced at?

I got it yesterday in Eason's for €23

It be nice to hear what you thought of it once you've read it.

I finished the book over a week ago, forgot to post here though. Toughest book I've read, emotionally. Right at the start, Eddie makes a few jokes about how he's lucky to still be alive, and there's references like that all through the book. You kinda smile and think how lucky he was, but then it hits you that he's not around anymore

I found the book very interesting. I find it hard to believe, but I actually once hated the guy. I didn't become a fan until a few years ago, but I've checked out a lot of his stuff before WWE, and a lot of it's amazing. So I'm a huge Eddie fan now. Some great stories in the book, and you really get a sense of how humble, modest and loyal a man Eddie was. It's almost the perfect happy ending story

I'd probably rank it as the best non-Mick Foley wrestler's book that I've read

• Advertisement

Fozzy wrote:
    I finished the book over a week ago, forgot to post here though. Toughest book I've read, emotionally. Right at the start, Eddie makes a few jokes about how he's lucky to still be alive, and there's references like that all through the book. You kinda smile and think how lucky he was, but then it hits you that he's not around anymore

I found the book very interesting. I find it hard to believe, but I actually once hated the guy. I didn't become a fan until a few years ago, but I've checked out a lot of his stuff before WWE, and a lot of it's amazing. So I'm a huge Eddie fan now. Some great stories in the book, and you really get a sense of how humble, modest and loyal a man Eddie was. It's almost the perfect happy ending story

I'd probably rank it as the best non-Mick Foley wrestler's book that I've read

damn i gotta check it out.......now that the mocks are over i will for sure buy it this weekend...........................
    damn.............Still cant believe that he has left us
    rip eddie:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭TOPDAWG

Class read alright. Read it last week. Start of it is a bit Blaaaah (if u read foleys book and the bit about his hatred of ghost writers you'll know what i mean) and and so obviously ghost-written with the typical family talk of how his mom was brilliant and his dad was tough etc etc but once he starts talkin about his career and problems it really takes off.

As Fozzy said you do crack a smile when he mentions how lucky he is to still be alive and then it sadly dawns on you. Some scary premonitions as well when he benoit and malenko told him they didnt wanna find him dead in a hotel room.

A brilliant read,even if u can smell the ghost-written stereotypes comin off it and it does follow the same path of all WWE books i.e. >Family/background >Starting out >Few anecdotes love, sex beer etc > Breaking thro >Problems > Most successful wwe moment etc etc.

Once you've read all he's overcome you'll come away with an even greater respect for the man and his achievements.

Its kinda puzzled me how his book has n't sold really well. Its done good, but not as well as people were expecting it to.

Advertisement